ALL SONGS PLAY TOO FAST

Solved!

Re: ALL SONGS PLAY TOO FAST

Noesgaard
Casual Listener

My spotify is experiencing the same problem.. 

It plays to fast, not much but a little, enough to make each sound a pitch higher, than normal.. This is only consistig with the use of spotify, everyother sound format and player, replays the song at the correct speed. Only spotify fails. 

I have disabled the hardware acceleration, as well as reinstalled spotify. Only to find that the problem have persisted.. 

It's driving me crazy. 

Peter__
Community Legend

@Noesgaard wrote:

My spotify is experiencing the same problem.. 

It plays to fast, not much but a little, enough to make each sound a pitch higher, than normal.. This is only consistig with the use of spotify, everyother sound format and player, replays the song at the correct speed. Only spotify fails. 

I have disabled the hardware acceleration, as well as reinstalled spotify. Only to find that the problem have persisted.. 

It's driving me crazy. 

Are you playing local files or streaming from Spotify? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

robzim737
Community Legend

Sheesh... they're only trying to give you more music!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Noesgaard
Casual Listener
The issue persist regardless of location of data.. I.e. the streamed songs are slower than normal, as well are the local stored files, which include downloaded songs for offline use..

foobar2001
Music Fan

I'm pretty sure I just experienced the same problem, or I need less coffee. Samual L. Jackson sounded like a 15-year old boy in Black Snake Moan unlike yesterday when I watched the movie. Not cool. After listening to several tracks that all sounded too "bright" I decided to restart Spotify. Suddenly it didn't sound like he was clutching his private parts and the song was good again.

Client version:

snake.png

iLoveJello

I have done both and it has not worked ;-;

Solution!

tekeous

I had the same problem. Ubuntu GNOME 15.10 64bit. First I cleared the cache(/home/USER/.cache/spotify/storage), then I reinstalled. Still no improvement.

Then, after looking at my system sound settings, the system had no set output source. This is a known bug with Ubuntu that happens sometimes when you plug in or remove headphones. Try opening system settings and clicking your speakers in the list of outputs. Fixed it up fine for me.

Solution!

Catherhino_
I re-downloaded the app and it was okay

Jadadarlene
Same problem. The songs are playing too fast but this is on my iPhone 6+ S. Any advice? I've tried turning off and on different sound settings but to no resolve.
Solution!

Cantu
I turned off my headphones and turned them back on and it worked
SUGGESTED POSTS