Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't find lyrics button on player

Solved!

Can't find lyrics button on player

I just signed on as a Premium user, and am using the stand alone player app.  Call me an idiot (go ahead; you wouldn't be the first) but I can't seem to find out how to get lyrics while music is playing.

I've attached a screenshot showing the empty hole where I think the lyrics button should be.

snapshot_spotify.png 

As the sharp eyed among you might notice, I'm running linux.  More specifically, Ubuntu 14.04, KDE 4.13.3, Spotify Player 0.9.17.1

After the announcement of the demise of Rdio, I began searching for an alternative and narrowed it to two - Deezer and Spotify.  Spotify seems to edge out Deezer, since it has a linux player (although Deezer can integrate with Ubuntu unity task bar apparently, but no player other than the web).  Deezer had the lyrics button though, which I love.  When I found out Spotify also had the option, the choice seemed clear.

But where the heck is it?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

A guess . . . .

For Spotify Player 0.9.17.1 maybe try the following.

* In the upper left column, under Browse, Activity, ....  , do you have   App Finder ?  If so . . .

* Look in "App Finder" for the app  musiXmatch, and install it.

* When a track is playing, click the installed app  musiXmatch  that will appear right under the "App Finder"-- Then you should see the lyric app appear in the middle screen-- and (smile) the lyric if there is a lyric stored for the track you are playing.

Does that get you anywhere in the right direction, @rdiofreehobbes?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

A guess . . . .

For Spotify Player 0.9.17.1 maybe try the following.

* In the upper left column, under Browse, Activity, ....  , do you have   App Finder ?  If so . . .

* Look in "App Finder" for the app  musiXmatch, and install it.

* When a track is playing, click the installed app  musiXmatch  that will appear right under the "App Finder"-- Then you should see the lyric app appear in the middle screen-- and (smile) the lyric if there is a lyric stored for the track you are playing.

Does that get you anywhere in the right direction, @rdiofreehobbes?

Thanks rednblu! That worked quite well. I didn't realize that you needed to add the lyrics app.

Awesome! Now I can singalong at the top of lungs!

Suggested posts