Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Remove Facebook from Linux sidebar

Solved!

[Desktop][Other] Remove Facebook from Linux sidebar

Hello,

I use Spotify on Linux machines but there is no way to collapse the right sidebar that is used for Facebook connection. 

This means that when you shrink the size of the window in the horizontal position you only see the facebook sidebar. 

I do not use social features as I don't like having to use a third-party social site.(Spotify need to create their own social features)

Adding a simple way to remove that sidebar if not needed would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @bradjwilson,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

Actually there should be a simple way to remove the Friend activity sidebar from the view of your desktop app if it isn't relevant for you. This can be done via opening the three-dotted menu on the upper-left coroner of your desktop app, then going to View>Friend Activity. There you need to untick this option and this should simply make the Friend feed sidebar disappear. If this doesn't do the trick for you, could you send us some screenshots or a short screen recording of the situation, so we can advise you better.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @bradjwilson,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

Actually there should be a simple way to remove the Friend activity sidebar from the view of your desktop app if it isn't relevant for you. This can be done via opening the three-dotted menu on the upper-left coroner of your desktop app, then going to View>Friend Activity. There you need to untick this option and this should simply make the Friend feed sidebar disappear. If this doesn't do the trick for you, could you send us some screenshots or a short screen recording of the situation, so we can advise you better.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ope, thank you!
Close, but not quite....

For the Linux app (using Manjaro KDE):

1. Click the account icon in the upper right corner.
2. Click "Settings".
3. Under "Display", uncheck "See what your friends are playing".

That should remove the Facebook sidebar.

Edit: Had to use Brave (Chrome) to reply because Firefox was wigging out majorly.

spotify-facebook-sidebar.jpg

Can you please remove this feature from the linux app? I want to be able to see what my friends are playing. If I uncheck this feature, yes the facebook button disappears but I lose the panel where I see what my friends are playing. Even if I uncheck it then log off, close the app and restart it, if I check the button to see what my friends are playing the damn stupid facebook button appears again. Its a right royal pain and shouldn't be forced on us that are paying premium. Either remove it completely or give us the same option as Windows users where they have an "x" to close the facebook add feature.

Suggested posts