Turkey

Device

Dell 7577

Operating System

Linux Debian 9

My Question or Issue

I have a Fiio DAC. When run this command:

aplay -l

system recognize the DAC. But I can not use it for Spotify.

I tried other application for example firefox, this sound okey. I am sure that select DAC from sound control center for output device. Nothing change. How can use it with Spotify ?

spotify-dump.txt is:

ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You may try executing "PulseAudio Volume Control", which goes by the command line and package "pavucontrol". While playing something in Spotify check the output device for it on this application. If that does not help and you still have this problem, consider sharing your desktop environment which is likely to be kde or gnome and how did you install spotify on your system.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

You may try executing "PulseAudio Volume Control", which goes by the command line and package "pavucontrol". While playing something in Spotify check the output device for it on this application. If that does not help and you still have this problem, consider sharing your desktop environment which is likely to be kde or gnome and how did you install spotify on your system.

I had a similar problem with usb audio and spotify on ubuntu; Audio device (UMC22) would work normally, but spotify (installed from snap) would get the device completely stuck - only removing the device and killing spotify would help. 

Kernel log informed of an error; 

i915 0000:00:02.0: [drm] *ERROR* Atomic update failure on pipe B (start=3082100 end=3082101) time 11688 us, min 1431, max 1439, scanline start 1356, end 912

Don't know how that relates, but my solution was to install spotify from a .deb which does not cause the same error or block the sound device.

Suggested posts