Free

Country

VPN

Device

iPhone/PC

Operating System

Linux Mint 19.3

My Question or Issue

After reinstalling my OS Linux Mint 19.3, I had to reinstall Spotify. On my mobile application the playlists are still there as it was and there are no issues. At least not yet. I suspect it had something to do with the recent reinstall of the OS.

There doesn't seem to be any fix for a Linux OS I can find on the forum.

I've tried to :

Reinstall Spotify.

Switch VPN countries.

Find a solution on the forum.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Empty playlists/Songs not playing

Regular

Here's how I fixed it. I couldn't get the Spotify from Mint repo working. So I had uninstall the Mint repo version then use snap to install "snap install spotify". But I couldn't even log in without getting a firewall error (Error Code 30). I would have to disconnect from VPN to successfully log in. After complete removal of the VPN and a fresh reinstall I got Spotify working again.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

Regular

Perhaps I should clarify the issue better. On my Linux app my Liked Songs playlist is completely empty and so are other playlists like Made For You and Recently Played. I am able to browse for albums on Home tab but not a single song can be played. No progress bar or album art is displayed when I play a song.

Highlighted

Gig Goer
Web player still works fine?
My suggestion is to remove everything spotify-related from /home/ and reinstall. Try Mint repo if you used snap, or vice versa.
Highlighted

Regular

So far I've tried both your suggestions. On the web player it certainly shows all the songs and such. But I would have to enable DRM to listen and confirm it works. However, the Widevine Content Decryption plugin is having troubling installing and stuck on "will be installed shortly". I assume it would work if the plugin was successfully installed.

For the second suggestion, yes I did initially install from software manager as you referred it as Mint repo. So I downloaded from the Debian repo to see if it fixed the issue but the problem still seems to persists.

Highlighted

Regular

Forgot about snap install. I installed using snap but I couldn't even log in without getting a firewall error (Error Code: 30). I'm looking into how I can fix this.

Highlighted
Solution!

Regular

Here's how I fixed it. I couldn't get the Spotify from Mint repo working. So I had uninstall the Mint repo version then use snap to install "snap install spotify". But I couldn't even log in without getting a firewall error (Error Code 30). I would have to disconnect from VPN to successfully log in. After complete removal of the VPN and a fresh reinstall I got Spotify working again.

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS