Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Linux Client - Gnome3 window decoration?

Solved!

Linux Client - Gnome3 window decoration?

I'm running  spotify-client for Fedora 23 (via Negativo17 RPM repo). Package: spotify-client-1.0.19.106.gb8a7150f-1.fc23.x86_64.rpm

A recent update of the client has caused window borders to be removed i.e. there is no close buttons at the top-right. As such, there is no way to close Spofity from within Spotify!!??

Anyone else having this issue?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Not sure if this is just coincidence, but I ran package updates and package compat-libgcrypt-1.5.3-4.fc23.x86_64 was updated. That is a dependency of spotify client. Since then, the issue has resolved itself.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @porjo,

Let me start with that Linux is not officially supported and the only official package is the one for Ubuntu.

Also, the last update was back in 01-Dec-2015, but let's give it a try 🙂

Can you run Spotify from terminal and let me know the output ( or you can run the strace and attach the log )

strace spotify > $HOME/spotify-dump 2>&1

Dump file attached.

Hey @porjo,

Nothing in the dump that leads me to the source of the issue.

I am powering my VM now and I will make some tests and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Meanwhile, can you check the repository for different builds? 

Marked as solution

Not sure if this is just coincidence, but I ran package updates and package compat-libgcrypt-1.5.3-4.fc23.x86_64 was updated. That is a dependency of spotify client. Since then, the issue has resolved itself.

Hi there, issue might be reproduced easly by dualscreen. 

1) Launch Spotify on dualscreen boot and position the window on bigger screen with approcreate size to the screen.
2) turn off & disconnect 2nd screen ( the bigger rez one )
3) you got yourself an issue as it seems spotify doesnt reajust for the lower rez screen.

but as mentioned:

removing 
~/.config/spotify/window_position.prefs

works well.

Suggested posts