Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login with facebook button not working

Solved!

Login with facebook button not working

I'm currently running kubuntu and i decided to install spotify, i have run spotify on ubuntu and kubuntu several times on different operating systems. When i tried to log in this time, I go to press the "log in with facebook" button and absolutely nothing happens. the same thing occurs when i press the "Reset Password" button. I can see the text on the Log in with facebook button get darker as i click it so i know that its not a problem with not being able to click it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Flipback0121 Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound quite right.

Try filling in your Facebook details in the username and password field.

Let us know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Flipback0121 Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound quite right.

Try filling in your Facebook details in the username and password field.

Let us know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Wow thanks that worked on the first try! I didnt think of that before, I thought that the login box was only for the long number that spotify assigned me and a password.

You're welcome!

Peace

This exact thing happened to me and I'm glad I stumbled on your thread!  Thanks to you both I now have Spotify working in my office again!

I tried this but it didn't work for me-- any other suggestions or possibilities? Thank you so much! 

@erae wrote:

I tried this but it didn't work for me-- any other suggestions or possibilities? Thank you so much! 

If nothing happens when you click LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK button, you might be suffering from this bug:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux/Settings-don-t-open-on-Linux/td-p/1478736

If my guess is correct, you can not use the mouse on certain buttons, but keyboard navigation might work. To click the LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK button with the keyboard, keep pressing tab until you see the cursor in Email or username, then hold shift and press tab once to move the focus back one element and press enter.

If this is not your problem or it is, but the workaround doesn't help, go to https://www.spotify.com/account/ and login and check if you have an e-mail address on your account and try to create a password. Then you can probably login with your e-mail address and the password.

This also happend for me, but the solution didn't help 😕

i have not only this bug
but also my facebook connected account also lost its email adress so i cant log in to it anymore (at least on desktop)
in browser it works because of the facebook button
but the account still shows up without an email adress any idea how i could solve this problem?

Suggested posts