Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Layout with Play pause next button in middle of the bottom bar

Solved!

New Layout with Play pause next button in middle of the bottom bar

How do i go back to the old layout? can i download an older version and still have my songs? and block the update? how do i do this? please? the new layout is actually giving me cancer and i want to killmyself 😞 

thanks for understanding and ill await your instructions on how to go back / fix this.

#MakeSpotifyGreatAgain

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Sneakyrhino (awesome username)!

Sorry to hear you don't like the new layout. Your songs are stored on your account, so whatever Spotify version you switch to you'll always keep your songs.

That being said, it is always better to keep the new Spotify, even if it takes some getting used to. There have been tons of bugfixes and little tweaks to make it worthwhile! If you dislike the new sleek looks of Spotify, why not post an idea here on how it should look?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey Sneakyrhino (awesome username)!

Sorry to hear you don't like the new layout. Your songs are stored on your account, so whatever Spotify version you switch to you'll always keep your songs.

That being said, it is always better to keep the new Spotify, even if it takes some getting used to. There have been tons of bugfixes and little tweaks to make it worthwhile! If you dislike the new sleek looks of Spotify, why not post an idea here on how it should look?

I agree - this was a terrible move. You're now using more space to display the menu, and the cognitive load necessary to overcome our default behaviour is just bad UX.

What exactly did you gain from this change? Honestly, I think sometimes designers are simply looking to introduce change in order to show "progress". Every time this product changes I like it less. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed about this change.  I want to use the app to play music and have it concentrate on that.  Having to re-learn where the buttons are slows me down on the occasions when I actually need to interact with it. 

Agreed, it just seems like a change was made for the sake of making a change.  The buttons are now further apart and takes more mouse movement to interact with the controls.

Maybe we can have a layout selection option, something with a minimal layout? 

Suggested posts