Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Spotify Web Player Design [NEW 2017 DESIGN?] | FEEDBACK, IDEAS, QUESTIONS, & COMMENTS

Solved!

New Spotify Web Player Design [NEW 2017 DESIGN?] | FEEDBACK, IDEAS, QUESTIONS, & COMMENTS

Hello Spotify users,

This thread is for the community who have been selected to test the new web player design.

I've noticed that there is a great change probably hinting at spotify getting rid of some features and adding new ones. It is very important that the users of spotify give feedback to these new changes.

FEATURES TO CONSIDER:

- Save feature needs to be added. The save feature needs to be added back on albums and singles. 

- Interactive profiles. Profiles arent interactive anymore. I seen the riddence of public playlists on profiles and what artists users are listening too. It would be nice to actually improve the profiles picture and make contacting and connecting to other users easy.

- Make accessibility to playlists and customization to playlist easier. Because of the new bulky UI it is hard to find what you're looking for.

- Make the UI less bulky-- the colors are nice, the design is nice, but it would be easier if it was efficient. The UI is too bulky, like the songs get overcrowded when listening to an album or playlist.

Any more feedback, ideas, questions, and/or comments are welcomed. If you are a visitor, it is nice to see your feedback as you will be using this UI or help develop it. 🙂

THE NEW WEBPLAYER: Screenshot 2016-12-02 at 10.09.09 AM.png

Please, like I said, leave feedback, ideas, questions, and/or comments. They are all welcomed.

You can contact me or follow me on these various platforms:

Spotify - @Yxngmeezy

Instagram - @Yxngmeezy

Snapchat - @Yxngmeezy

Twitter - @Yxng_meezy

E-mail - miguelishot4@gmail.com

thank you. 🙂

Screenshot 2016-12-02 at 10.09.09 AM.png
686 Replies

I just have one word to describe it: SUCKS!

Its hard to find a song belonging to an album you dont know.

The new UI sucks big time, everything is just unecessarily big for nothing

In addition to my other complaints, I've noticed that songs often stop and I have to run them back a bit so they continue. This can and does happen multiple times per song, and I did not have this issue with the previous player.

Absolutely hate this new UI, now I can't follow or connect with my friends to find them easily. Playlists have gigantic thumbnails and takes forever to scroll. Artist pages have gigantic font, scrolling is a pain and can't see listens on tracks anymore. Ridiculous how they're removing all these features. 

Y???

Interface language stuck in spanish, but I'm french speaking... and no way to find an option screen to change that...

Every few days, I check to see if Spotify has fixed the new design to something that functions for me. I am unable to play any song. Every time I go to play.spotify.com, I am redirected to open.spotify.com and I am shown a banner reading:

Oooops, something went wrong with the playback. Reload

I have started searching for different web players.

Surprised this new Web Player isn't hosted by Angelfire.

Please allow an option to go back to the old layout. It was pefectly fine. This new layout is awful. I saw somewhere on this site there was a new idea to go back to the old layout that you could vote on. Please all find that and vote to change back.

There is no scrobbling for Last.fm ?, This sucks.

This is extremely annoying to me. I was just listening to the old player at work and then it randomly refreshes and i get this new format. My work computer doesn't allow me to install apps so I use the webplayer and set a play queue every day. Now I cant do that?? I bought premium so I could listen all day and have no commercials. I had no issues with the previous player.

Also the albums within the artist can't be sorted and are in alphabetical order, not release date order which is how I like it. Also everything is too big and geared toward tablet/touchscreen laptops, not desktops.

Some sort of heads up should be given to users that would be selected for this or an option to revert to the old format.

We are all still waiting for a statement from Spotify AB what will happen with the missing streams with all these bugs the users experiencing, almost the 90%. It will compensate them with some way or they do the "i don't know what are you talking about"? If it is a lawyer in here that knows please share with us what you think i believe a lot of artists are waiting for something and especially the indie...

This new layout is beyond stupid... I can't make new searches for songs or artists- loading a playlist does not shuffle the entirety of it but rather plays the cheapest songs first and on repeat.. Have to repetitiously drag the scrolling cursor to even load the songs towards the bottom of the page which then do not get added to the shuffled queue. And why in the helll is it now so abnoxiously sized? Spotify has a problem holding on to artists for their product but doing this is going to get rid of your users too. Someone either needs to fix this by reverting back to the old player or strike the last nail in the coffin and just give up already- This redesign is utter ballls...

I guess I was selected for this.

Main Issues:

The 'Artists' tab still does not display all artists followed (if one follows a lot 1100+ here).

With the new UI, this leaves me without means to find all the bands.

Please make your infinite scrolling actually show a users full list.

Prefer the older look a little more otherwise.

Thanks,

Please spotify do not force us to use this new design if it has less features than the old one. 

FYI, there is a control from your phone option. Allows you to go to all our radio stations and start them up from there. Plays on the web player.

What the heck?!

Scrobbling is gone and I can't find anything anymore....

Why do webservice always have to change their webinterface to the worst.

Please tell me scrobbling will come back!

COMPLETE AND UTTER GARBAGE.

I'm not overstating my feelings on this. I loved the old Spotify player, and this, in comparison - is just the worst. For every reason that every person before me stated. For the love of GOD please change it back.

This is the ONLY solution- c'mon spotify...

Suggested posts