New Spotify Web Player Design [NEW 2017 DESIGN?] | FEEDBACK, IDEAS, QUESTIONS, & COMMENTS

Solved!
Highlighted

New Spotify Web Player Design [NEW 2017 DESIGN?] | FEEDBACK, IDEAS, QUESTIONS, & COMMENTS

yxngmeezy
Music Fan

Hello Spotify users,

This thread is for the community who have been selected to test the new web player design.

I've noticed that there is a great change probably hinting at spotify getting rid of some features and adding new ones. It is very important that the users of spotify give feedback to these new changes.

FEATURES TO CONSIDER:

- Save feature needs to be added. The save feature needs to be added back on albums and singles. 

- Interactive profiles. Profiles arent interactive anymore. I seen the riddence of public playlists on profiles and what artists users are listening too. It would be nice to actually improve the profiles picture and make contacting and connecting to other users easy.

- Make accessibility to playlists and customization to playlist easier. Because of the new bulky UI it is hard to find what you're looking for.

- Make the UI less bulky-- the colors are nice, the design is nice, but it would be easier if it was efficient. The UI is too bulky, like the songs get overcrowded when listening to an album or playlist.

Any more feedback, ideas, questions, and/or comments are welcomed. If you are a visitor, it is nice to see your feedback as you will be using this UI or help develop it. :)

THE NEW WEBPLAYER: Screenshot 2016-12-02 at 10.09.09 AM.png

Please, like I said, leave feedback, ideas, questions, and/or comments. They are all welcomed.

You can contact me or follow me on these various platforms:

Spotify - @Yxngmeezy

Instagram - @Yxngmeezy

Snapchat - @Yxngmeezy

Twitter - @Yxng_meezy

E-mail - miguelishot4@gmail.com

thank you. :)

Screenshot 2016-12-02 at 10.09.09 AM.png
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: New Spotify Web Player Design [NEW 2017 DESIGN?] | FEEDBACK, IDEAS, QUESTIONS, & COMMENTS

katengaas

Layout is awful.

Left-side bar is too big.

Too much wasted space.

Album artwork too small.

Artists page only contains artists that I followed (in a completely random order)????

Looks terrible.

'+' icons next to songs are gone. Why?

Too much functionality taken away.

Solution!

Re: New Spotify Web Player Design [NEW 2017 DESIGN?] | FEEDBACK, IDEAS, QUESTIONS, & COMMENTS

codeytherhino
Regular

I was wondering why I had so many emails from the Spotify Community overnight, but then I went to listen to Spotify at work, per usual, and I see Spotify once again broke the UA switcher workaround and are forcing their new """improved""" version of the webplayer. I sincerely hope this only lasts a day or so like last time because the new version is even more garbage than I remembered. I won't list the numerous features that have been gutted because everyone else already has, but I have to ask: why? Who thought removing features and having a jumbotron UI that takes up 98% of screen real estate were what people were clamoring for? And why aren't they fired? 

686 Replies

Rock Star 4
Rock Star 4

Thanks for sharing this @yxngmeezy! I have yet to be switched over to the new Web Player Interface, but it looks nice in terms of the playbar now being located at the bottom.

I am going to miss the Icons for Browse, Radio, and Your Music, but I suppose those are all located under the new Browse text link in the left sidebar. If so, then it's no big deal.

I'll just have to wait and see what the new UI brings when I get it.

kirashiRock Star 4
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

yxngmeezy
Music Fan

Yeah. It's a nice new design. I'm just worried about leaving the old features that I used the most. I can't find those features yet. I'm sure that spotify is looking for feedback given that I have this new experimental design.

spotifyhei

Looks like Radio is gone completely. As is right-click functionality, the play-queue system, and even the time of the song playing. Not to mention how ridiculously big everything is, feels like it was made for a tablet and without PCs in mind.

Paramythia

Any way to be "unselected" for the new player and keep using the old one for now?

Cush

I do NOT like the new UI.  I didn't think there was much that needed to be changed from the old one in the first place.  There is no way to SORT things anymore. Period.  Not sure who thought a sort function wouldn't be necessary but it is the dumbest idea ever.  It is a huge problem to not be able to do something as simple as SORT.  I can see them MAYBE removing that function for a free user but not for a premuim one.  I am not able to install the desktop app on every computer I use this from so forcing people to do that is outrageous as well.  I agree that it seems like this is some sort of tablet/mobile version that was accidentally ported to a desktop--and done terribly bad.  We don't need a size 24 font for the song titles so now only 9 of the fit on a screen either!  This sucks.

SuzJul
Casual Listener

Thanks for starting this thread! I strongly dislike the new UI for the web player and I hope Spotify will listen to community feedback on the new design.

Problems I see:

- Visually, it seems designed for a tablet. The large font and large images are overwhelming and mean that I can see fewer songs/playlists/etc. at a time. Very much dislike this.

- No sorting option anymore! I used this extensively and dislike having it gone.

- There doesn't seem to be a way to explore friends' profiles and playlists anymore.

- In general I find it much harder to discover new music this way. It seems like the amount of content on the screen has been streamlined, which makes it harder to see and then explore options for things to listen to.

Good things:

- The backgrounds are pleasant.

- The tile format for the images looks nice, but again, the size makes it harder to see everything at once. So on balance, I would rather have more items on the screen in list format, instead of fewer items in tile format.

I'm a Premium user now, but I am considering cancelling my subscription. I just don't see that I will get enough use and enjoyment out of the platform to justify paying for it, if this new design/UI is made permanent.

SuzJul
Casual Listener

Any way to be "unselected" for the new player and keep using the old one for now?

It looks like you can still access the old design in browsers that aren't Firefox or Chrome. The old design is showing up for me in IE. Not sure how long that will last though.

krkg

As pretty as the new desktop interface is IT DOESNT WORK FOR ME. Every time I try to play anything, it has trouble connecting and won't load a thing. It doesn't help I'm behind a corporate firewall but the old version works just fine in IE11 (thankfully)

hans-jürgen
Roadie

And if you refresh the player page in IE11 with F5 or Ctrl+F5, the old web player still shows up?

SUGGESTED POSTS