Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Spotify Web Player Design [NEW 2017 DESIGN?] | FEEDBACK, IDEAS, QUESTIONS, & COMMENTS

Solved!

New Spotify Web Player Design [NEW 2017 DESIGN?] | FEEDBACK, IDEAS, QUESTIONS, & COMMENTS

Hello Spotify users,

This thread is for the community who have been selected to test the new web player design.

I've noticed that there is a great change probably hinting at spotify getting rid of some features and adding new ones. It is very important that the users of spotify give feedback to these new changes.

FEATURES TO CONSIDER:

- Save feature needs to be added. The save feature needs to be added back on albums and singles. 

- Interactive profiles. Profiles arent interactive anymore. I seen the riddence of public playlists on profiles and what artists users are listening too. It would be nice to actually improve the profiles picture and make contacting and connecting to other users easy.

- Make accessibility to playlists and customization to playlist easier. Because of the new bulky UI it is hard to find what you're looking for.

- Make the UI less bulky-- the colors are nice, the design is nice, but it would be easier if it was efficient. The UI is too bulky, like the songs get overcrowded when listening to an album or playlist.

Any more feedback, ideas, questions, and/or comments are welcomed. If you are a visitor, it is nice to see your feedback as you will be using this UI or help develop it. 🙂

THE NEW WEBPLAYER: Screenshot 2016-12-02 at 10.09.09 AM.png

Please, like I said, leave feedback, ideas, questions, and/or comments. They are all welcomed.

You can contact me or follow me on these various platforms:

Spotify - @Yxngmeezy

Instagram - @Yxngmeezy

Snapchat - @Yxngmeezy

Twitter - @Yxng_meezy

E-mail - miguelishot4@gmail.com

thank you. 🙂

Screenshot 2016-12-02 at 10.09.09 AM.png
686 Replies

@showmethefin wrote:

Hi everyone!

I made a free chrome extension that automatically re-enables the old Spotify Web Player interface for you, meaning you don't have to fiddle with any browser settings (it uses the idea from this earlier post).

Install it now:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/old-spotify-web-ui/emchbnnccfglglkcddapbodejcfnbfbo

Hope you find it helpful! It's just intended to be a simple thing, but please do let me know if you have any comments or changes you think would improve it.

This won't work for me. 

This was working for me until today. It now says it is not supported for this browser. 

Seems they've updated something overnight, old webplayer gone and stuck with the new terrible, TERRIBLE one. 

UA overrider not working, nor the extension above. 

Anyone have a new workaround? Will have to cancel otherwise.

The extension used to work for me until today, but now it just says the browser isn't supported, ugh. I'm honestly so mad at them for not listeninhg to those hundreds and hundreds of people saying that the new design sucks.

Same for me. It's extremely annoying. Currently using Deezer ffs!  

Same here. At first I thought that they would have at least improved the new version. But no.

Major example: Why can't I sort my Artists??? Do you expect me to sift through the list which is neither alphabetically sorted nor by last-added???

Same here.

Spotify,

I'd appreciate if you get your development process under control, and stopped forcing disfunctional betas of a dumbed down lobotomized UI on me.

Thank you so much from a paying crash test dummyuser.

Marked as solution

I was wondering why I had so many emails from the Spotify Community overnight, but then I went to listen to Spotify at work, per usual, and I see Spotify once again broke the UA switcher workaround and are forcing their new """improved""" version of the webplayer. I sincerely hope this only lasts a day or so like last time because the new version is even more garbage than I remembered. I won't list the numerous features that have been gutted because everyone else already has, but I have to ask: why? Who thought removing features and having a jumbotron UI that takes up 98% of screen real estate were what people were clamoring for? And why aren't they fired? 

This is garbage. How does spotify not know many people absolutely despise the new web design due to the lack of features the previous one had. Honestly, every other type of player has a queue feature but they just got rid of it for the web player? makes no sense.

This is one of the highest replied threads in the Desktop topic and no Spotify employee has said anything. **bleep** is my $10/mo. going to?

Hey, remember when Myspace changed their site layout?  Remember how well that worked out for them?  I guess some people just don't learn from history.

Since we're all here, can we take a second to mention the ridiculously sized search bar? It's not even comfortable to read it's so huge. Who thought that was a good idea? 

This is such a shame.  Spotify used to have the absolute best in-browser UI for being at work; easy to navigate, easy to make playlists, easy to listen to radio (and the awesome function where liking a song from radio adds it to a playlist - gone with the "open" update!).

I pay for a premium subscription for the sole purpose of listening while I work, so 40+ hours/week of Spotify usage.  I was using the Chrome UA Spoofer agent since they started redirecting to open, but now since that won't work either - what's a girl to do?  Cancel the subscription and go back to Soundcloud/Pandora, I suppose, is the only option.  I've been on Soundcloud all day and starting to not miss Spotify.

I thought by the time the trick of pretending to use IE finally stops working it's fine they'd have gone and improved open.spotify.com to the point where it's crappier but passable. Unfortunatelly this is not the case and this is still a net loss. Not only this has far less features, it peforms worse, the music skips more, what a sad day...

I am really pissed. I used Open in Internet Explorer. Now it's not working. Play is still horrible as was few months ago. I cannot use Android app all day (it is slow and you can have only limited offline data), Windows phone is not supported (Spotify app works, but with error, musis stops after few seconds and you have to restart phone, everytime), so what musis should I listen at work? I assume Google Play. But I will miss Discover and playlists a lot and mailny Mood playlist. I can listen Spotify only at home via desktop app. But I cannot zoom it. Play version is so silly, has very few functions. My patience is gone.

I'm really angry about the Spotify Web Player not being supported on Safari anymore. It's pretty much my main way of listening to my music since i'm on a Mac, if the issue isn't fixed i'm going to go ahead and cancel my subscription and use another streaming service like Pandora or Apple Music. It's not cool that there wasn't any warning that this was going to happen. I was listening to music yesterday night while working and tried to launch the web player at 8 this morning and found out. For the $10 a lot of us pay we should be able to get a web player that works on several browsers and not just be limited to 3 of them.

How is this probably one of the largest threads on this community and no action has happened. It worked fine before this company wasted more money doing more updates that hurt the product? 

Don't think they are a real person. 

@alyoshathetall wrote:

I thought by the time the trick of pretending to use IE finally stops working it's fine they'd have gone and improved open.spotify.com to the point where it's crappier but passable. Unfortunatelly this is not the case and this is still a net loss. Not only this has far less features, it peforms worse, the music skips more, what a sad day...

There's also a problem with volume levels. Some songs are extremely quiet while others are very loud. I never had this problem with the old web player.

Further back in the thread, the moderators asked users to raise specific items as specific design flaws / ideas / fixes rather than a thread that just says we don't like the new player (and there do seem to be a lot of us saying it was a bad move).

I suspect this is why no action has been taken on this thread.

I personally feel that the issues have been included in this thread at some point, but I can understand that they may be difficult to find in amongst the comments and its not possible to gauge the support for each specific item/issue (this seems to be at least part of Spotify's method for prioritising development effort).

Perhaps someone is willing to read through the thread, find each issue/item, raise each one in a separate New Idea, and publish a list of links to the New Ideas into this thread so we can show our support for them in the way the moderators request (and stop adding to the list of people repeating that they arent happy: so that it's easier to find the list)?

Am giving Google Play Music a trial for a few days. I like the webplayer already. Will be cancelling my Spotify Premium if it works out.

I can transfer my playlist over too! 

Suggested posts