Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing lastfm radio stops after one song

Solved!

Playing lastfm radio stops after one song

System: 
Ubuntu 14.04 running firefox & chrome browsers

Issue: Playing radio through web-based spotify player stops (or repeats) after 1 song

When clicking any of the 3 radio's on the last.fm landing page (Your Library, Your Mix, Your recommendations) and having the web-based spotify client open, the last.fm site can properly start a song in the web-based spotify player.

However, on chrome, it keeps looping the same song until I skip to the next track, on Firefox, it stops after one track.

Using the Spotify application for linux seems not to work, the browser can start the application, but (I'm guessing) can't communicate with the application, whatever startup parameters are being passed probably aren't supported (yet?) on linux

I would love to get my last.fm radios back, sofar no streaming service has come close to their ability to recommend music and if I could get that back through spotify, that would be properly awesome!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, I managed to fix this.

You have to set a DNSMasq like this:

address=/spotilocal.com/127.0.0.1

And it's fixed. Last.fm will work with the Spotify desktop app for macOS, and unix too I believe so. Last.fm will be able to track the play progress, thus it'll know when the song has finished and it will finally play the next one.

Spotify should have a look on why the installation on macOS and unix is missing this configuration.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

macOS has this very same issue too. I've just reported it to last.fm too but I don't think I'm going to get any reply there.

I suppose it's related to the Spotify app for unix (?).

I have the same behavior described at the same browsers. Except the point that he makes about looping the single music because it happens when the spotify web player has repeat enabled. If you have repeat disabled in the Spotify web player it's just going to play a single music and it's done.

I think last.fm does not request another song because it's not able to properly track the playing progress with Spotify web player. Last.fm is going to display NaN:NaN at the song progress, so it does not know when the song is done playing, meaning that it cannot ask for another one.

Probably if we focus on solving the Spotify desktop app issue we may have it working fine. So the point is finding the reason why Spotify desktop app comes up, but apparently does not answer the playing requests that last.fm is probably sending as it normally should on Windows. Last.fm ins't able to identify that Spotify desktop app is opened even though the Spotify app has poped up in my screen after a last.fm play request.

Marked as solution

Ok, I managed to fix this.

You have to set a DNSMasq like this:

address=/spotilocal.com/127.0.0.1

And it's fixed. Last.fm will work with the Spotify desktop app for macOS, and unix too I believe so. Last.fm will be able to track the play progress, thus it'll know when the song has finished and it will finally play the next one.

Spotify should have a look on why the installation on macOS and unix is missing this configuration.

Hello.

Please, how do I set a DNSMasq?

I'm using El Capitan.

Hi. Is 2022 and I'm having this trouble but in android smartphone. I play on the last FM web page one of the 3 stream options for Spotify and it only plays one or sometimes two songs and that's it. I'm using the radio option an my Spotify account but it doesn't let me choose preference on generes, or recent music, or in library, mix or recommendations. I'll be very attentive to any solution. Thanks.

Suggested posts