Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 1.0.7

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 1.0.7

DesktopRelease.png

What's new in this version (1.0.7):

• On Windows, the corner X button can close or minimise Spotify. Choose in your Settings.
  •  Making a collaborative playlist in 1280x800 resolution? Excellent. Now you can see who's added songs in the User column.
  • Create Playlist option for playlist context menus to allow you to quickly create a playlist from a right click
  • Lyrics, Messages and Play Queue each have their own button. Click once to view, click again to go back.
  • We've improved the way playlists are sorted. 
  • Having trouble logging in? Try changing your Proxy Settings from the the login page. (It's easy, promise.)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Direct full install download links for Windows and Mac please?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @rjlima72 

Please use this link 

http://upgrade.spotify.com/upgrade/client/win32-x86/spotify_installer-1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9-88.exe

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

Marked as solution

1) Songs added to queue are doubled.

2) PERFORMANCE: Here I was thinking I could put on some tunes and get some work done, but here I am watching a maximized Spotify window get stuck for 15 seconds as it jams up for no discernable reason and responds at the rate of .5 frames a second after your precious 'doorslam' ad overlay runs as smooth as butter- behavior seen consistently since v1.0. It's not even pegging my CPU cores when it does this (~25%). Truly awful experience. MAKE A NATIVE PROGRAM. As is, this is not worth keeping installed. 

Fullscreen capture 6182015 90215 PM.bmp-001.jpg
131 Replies
Marked as solution

Direct full install download links for Windows and Mac please?

We're slowly getting back to OK... But the friend feed is still awful. Please change it back Spotify?

"We've improved the way playlists are sorted."

Is this why "The" is no longer ignored when sorting artists? So that "The Rolling Stones" is now under "T" instead of "R"?

How do I download 1.0.7 on my desktop. I can't even download to 1.0.6.  I keep getting 1.0.4

Bob

Marked as solution

Hey @rjlima72 

Please use this link 

http://upgrade.spotify.com/upgrade/client/win32-x86/spotify_installer-1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9-88.exe

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

FILTERING/SEARCHING in "Your Music" cmon darn it its been so long since we have been asking for this. First there was only possible to filter/search in "Your Music - songs" than you ignored as we asked you to add the same for "Your Music - Artists" and "Your Music - Albums" with 1.0 you completely removed the filtering, than you brought it back but still not such feature in the "Your Music" section (THE BIGGEST selling point for so many of us).

Cmon for god sake add it to that section of your desktop app, searching in all of "Your Music"'s sections has been available on mobile with the initial release of this feature, why is it so hard to implement it in the desktop application and requires close to year?

If you like using the "Your Music" feature have in mind that you are LIMITED to 10 000 tracks. If you want this to be fixed vote for this post

Still nothing about being able to change cache location/size/or none at all in the W8 client?  You realize the writes this software is putting on my SSD?

The Mac full download link appears to be http://download.spotify.com/beta/Spotify.dmg

Don't let the beta part of the URL scare you. The dmg as of tonight contains v1.0.5.

The autoupdate package is in pieces so it's no use for providing quick access to 1.0.7. It may be a case of checking the dmg URL above periodically until they swap it out for 1.0.7 or newer.

What version does http://download.spotify.com/Spotify.dmg give? (Without beta)

1.0.7 solved my problem. I had been running the earlier release.

FINALLY! Minimize to tray is back!

If you were like me and are only really interest in the system tray fix, just be aware being able to pause/play via right clicking the tray icon does not appear to be available. 

I've since gone back to version 0.9.

@stefanthor wrote:

If you were like me and are only really interest in the system tray fix, just be aware being able to pause/play via right clicking the tray icon does not appear to be available. 

On the bright side, media keys on the keyboard still work though when it's in the system tray.

Would be good if the system tray menu was the same as v0.9.x's system tray menu!

Second all the comments above (yes, all), and...

Hoorah for (finally) seeing release notes before the software is automatically pushed (to me at least).  Basic stuff that shouldn't be worth a shout out in any other context, but everything is relative... 

Anyway, thank you Meredith.

... and it includes the minimise-to-system-tray chestnut (well sort of - it's minus the play controls).  Almost feels like someone is listening (!) in Spotify HQ.  Now, if we could only see what's in the roadmap going forward we'd be able to form a view on whether they really are or this is just a coincidence.

Otherwise I'll just have to wait until everything I was annoyed about is sorted before signing up for premium again:

- cache location

- connect that works

- play queues that (1) can be cleared and (2) don't get repopulated every time the end is reached

- markers on updated playlists [Edit - good point ruccola]

I think that's the remaining list...

In the meantime: gave up on Google Play (might be fine on a phone but it's crap for use on a PC - needs a native app - and you can't sort your library) and very much enjoying Rdio and Soundcloud with Airfoil.  Does everything Spotify is trying to do and more.

I still don't get any markers on updated playlists, so I never know if they've been updated or what tracks have been added since last time.

"On Windows, the corner X button can close or minimise Spotify".. this is not NEW, it's something we had for ages but was taken away. a few releases agao

nice to have it back but don't brag that it is a NEW feature.

are there any actual NEW as in never seen in previous versions features in this release? I am not finding any ?

and WHEN IS THE CACHE OPTION RETURNING ?

So, is there any change that, in the future, we will be able to disable the notification counter in the taskbar? It's really annoying and I really can't give a darn if someone added another song to a playlist or something.

Great! X button behaviour is finally customizable again. Now, if you may, return the feature that allows you to customize cache folder location and I might "go back" from v0.9 to v1.0.x. I have no wish to waste my precious SSD space on 10GB+ Spotify's cache.

Perfect, now I can finally upgrade from 0.9.15.

Although on Windows startup, it is not minimized to tray, only minimized to taskbar.

Still better than nothing, but if this got fixed too, it would be awesome.

EDIT: You can vote for this idea here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Return-the-possibility-to-launch-Spotify-m...

Suggested posts