Step 1

NEXT STEP

Settings don't open on Linux

Solved!

Settings don't open on Linux

1. Device: Lenovo X1 Carbon running Debian Jessie
2. Spotify Premium Account.
3. Spotify version 1:1.0.38.171.g5e1cd7b2-22
4. When I click the arrow in the upper-right hand corner and click Settings, nothing happens.
5. Steps to reproduce:

1. Click the arrow in the upper right hand corner.
2. Click Settings.

I tried the steps from https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Spotify-Settings-Don-t-Open/m-p/14... but they did not resolve my issue.

I also tried removing .config/spotify and .cache/spotify to no avail. I know that at one point in time this menu did work, but it has been quite some time.

31 Replies

I may have found a solution - at least for my particular configuration. I was running on a HIDPI screen with Gnome & Wayland. I had set the Gnome window scaling factor to 2 previously, but now I have the scaling factor set to 0 to let Wayland autoscale and I no longer have issues with the menu.

Thanks for this tip about hitting the 'enter' key! Love having Spotify on Linux but this problem set me back a bit!

Same problem here.

Here are my details.

$ apt show spotify-client
Package: spotify-client
Version: 1:1.0.49.125.g72ee7853-111

gnome 3.24
ubuntu gnome 17.04
x server

I was able to enter settings page with keyboard and hitting the 'enter' button instead of clicking with mouse. 

I'm using Lubuntu 16.04.2 32 bits on an old HP-Mini 110-3100 and having the same problem.

Thank you guys for the tip about the keyboard to access settings on Spotify 🙂

Same problem and same solution (highlight settings and hit Enter / Return) for me on all recent editions of Linux Mint.

- Mark

Excellent that also works for me. I have a normal screen and having the same issue.

I have the same issue in Ubuntu 17.10.

Keyword workaround works like this:

1. unfold options menu as usual, i.e. with the mouse pointer.

2. select the settings option with up and down keys.

3. press enter.

Regards

[0122/110114.748152:ERROR:gl_context_glx.cc(239)] Couldn't make context current with X drawable.
[0122/110114.748217:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(4330)] GLES2DecoderImpl: Context lost during MakeCurrent.

Thanks, it worked.

Same problem, Arch Linux x64, Openbox (no Wayland)

Keyboard workaround worked

So this has been an issue for over a year and still has not been resolved in version 1.0.49.125.g72ee7853

I know the keyboard work around works, but it seems like this should be fixed by now.

I reported this as an "Issue" at https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/User-menu-items-are-not-clickable-on-Linux/idi-p/438...

Please +1 over there so this gets a real fix.

I mean, fixed i guess now I know to use the keyboard to select settings. But c'mon, obviously a bug and obviously an easy fix. Have +1'd over at the issues section and I suggest everyone else does too.

Edit: C'mon Spotify staffer Linux peeps 🙂 Knock this one on the head! I know you're the reason we have a Linux client to begin with so much love, but would love to see this fixed!

Suggested posts