Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sound stops while playing track

Solved!

Sound stops while playing track

Hi team,

I have a strange one ...

Issue:

I start playing music, and after ~ 1:00 minute (1:04, 1:07, 1:03, 1:01, 1:04) the sound cuts out. All other system sounds are still working, just Spotify. If I restart Spotify it picks up where it left off, and seems to play fine for another ~ 1:30 minutes (1:37, 1:33, 1:33, 1:30, 1:35), then same thing happens again.

Kernel: 4.2.0-18-lowlatency

App ver: 0.9.17.1.g9b85d436

Account: Premium

Please advise, thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi jporter2012sgis,

I guess you assumed I was on WiFi as I didn't mention my connection - I have a gigabit ethernet connection to a 78Mbit fiber modem, and I ran network tests first to ensure it wasn't network slowness.

I did find the solution though - it was the fact that the HDMI audio and the analog audio both used the same snd_hda_intel driver in kernel, which was causing pulseaudio to go nuts and drop channel(s). I replaced my sound card with an Asus Xonar which snd_oxygen driver, and now all is well.

Thanks for your help in trying to get me sorted, I appreciate it!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hello,

This has happened to me before, all you have to do is get a better WiFi connection so it can connect better.

Marked as solution

Hi jporter2012sgis,

I guess you assumed I was on WiFi as I didn't mention my connection - I have a gigabit ethernet connection to a 78Mbit fiber modem, and I ran network tests first to ensure it wasn't network slowness.

I did find the solution though - it was the fact that the HDMI audio and the analog audio both used the same snd_hda_intel driver in kernel, which was causing pulseaudio to go nuts and drop channel(s). I replaced my sound card with an Asus Xonar which snd_oxygen driver, and now all is well.

Thanks for your help in trying to get me sorted, I appreciate it!

Suggested posts