stastnypremysl

Plan

Premium

Country

Czechia

Device

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro

Operating System

Linux 4.9.0-9-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.168-1+deb9u3 (2019-06-16) x86_64 GNU/Linux + KDE

My Question or Issue

My Spotify stoped working few days after installation. At first, I wasn't able to pleay only the new songs. When I started it, it played for about 4 seconds, than it started making strange noise and finally Spotify wrote notifification "Spotify can't play this right now..."

So I deleted all cache, config and shared files and started all over again. The situation was even worse. Now, not only the new songs doesn't work, but even downloaded songs can't be played for the same reason.

I "fixed" the problem by installing Spotifyd and using the Spotify client just as GUI, but I would be glad, if the backend started working again. Could you help me please?

Thanks.

Re: Spotify continuously skips songs on linux

gordominossi

I get the same playbackError: playback_error_audio_decode (11) when I run spotify with the --show-console flag either with the package from AUR or the snap package

Literally unplayable, plz fix

andrestoga1
Casual Listener

Same here, please fix it.

Ubuntu 18.04

Spotify 1.1.5.153.gf614956d

Best,

Re: "Spotify can't play this right now." problem

solowars
Casual Listener

Same problem here!

Dear Spotify, I know we're few, but we Linux users deserve better care from you.

Thanks,

Offpics
Casual Listener

Same here. Tried snap, apt and clearing cache. Nothing works.

Spotify: 1.1.5.153.gf614956d

AlexKForte

Same problem here on Ubuntu 18.04. I can't play any song using the client, it works for the first 5 or 6 seconds and then the audio stops and the "Spotify can't play this right now" error is displayed.

Christhisis
Casual Listener

Same problem on Linux Mint 19, kernel 4.15.  I tried rebooting, logging out and back in, deleting and re-installing the app.  Some files and albums will play all the way through with only minor hiccups and glitches (which are still annoying), but others just won't play at all. 

CORNHOLIO
Regular

Christhisis
Casual Listener

Is this perferable to just using the web player?  Is it lower bit rate?

CORNHOLIO
Regular

I don't think this is the place to question the usefulness of the app.

Nevertheless, besides having a sort-of-usable interface (particularly having working notifications and media keys and not having your music buried under a gazillion browser tabs), the ability to download songs locally seems like a pretty huge deal to me and is a major reason why I subscribed.

SUGGESTED POSTS