Spotify continuously skips songs on linux

Re: Spotify continuously skips songs on linux

Christhisis
Casual Listener

Of course, Cornholio.  How dare we question the app that was provided out of the kindness of the developers' hearts?  What audacity, to expect the same quality service for our $10/mo that Windows users get!

1g40di2-62_1x

I am having the same issue. I thought it was something to do with my drivers but it seems like multiple Linux users are seeing this same behavior as of today.

Most songs will play for a few seconds, there will be a jump in the track, and I'll get "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Then, for some reason, 1 out of 5 or 1 out of 10 songs or so will play just fine. It's unpredictable and frustrating to troubleshoot. I've fiddled with just about every setting and deleted my cache, changed cache location, uninstalled/reinstalled.

I'm on Ubuntu 19.04.

Xei

I have been experiencing the same issue for the past ~8 hours.

Environment: GNOME

Package Manager: snap

Spotify Plan: Premium

Only some songs (the vast majority of them) are affected. Spotify refuses to play those songs specifically and skips until it finds one of the very few songs it decided I should listen to. 

Troubleshooting done without success:

- Reinstall the package

- Restart PulseAudio (and the PC)

- Change audio devices

- Test for stable internet connection (ethernet, 0% packet loss, healthy connection)

Using Windows 10 on the same machine does not replicate the problem. Too bad that I need (and want) to spend most of my day on Linux.

Joaalt

Same problem here, im currently using ALSA but i see other people using other sound server programs and having the same problem.

Spotify version 1.1.5.153.gf614956d

KenricAshe
Casual Listener

Same here using Ubuntu. I'm new to this forum. Does Spotify pay attention here? I suggest we all contact Spotify support directly, and if necessary, repeatedly!

KenricAshe
Casual Listener

Official support here:

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares

Re: "Spotify can't play this right now." problem

KenricAshe
Casual Listener

I'm new to this forum. Does Spotify monitor?

I suggest we each contact them directly:

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares

Sodderlundd

I'm having the same issue. Spotify please fix or I will switch to AM where at least the linux client can't be dumpster fire because they dont have one in the first place.

Re: "Spotify can't play this right now." problem

lucasrizzini
Regular

Armorfist

Same issue here. Ubuntu 18 LTS, latest Spotify client 1:1.1.5.153.gf614956d-16

I noticed the song stops, CPU goes to 15% then just skips to another track. Sometimes it just stays there without playing.

SUGGESTED POSTS