Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify linux desktop application disconnects from chromecast after a few minutes of being paused

Spotify linux desktop application disconnects from chromecast after a few minutes of being paused

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Lenovo Yoga

Operating System

Ubuntu 20.04

My Question or Issue

Spotify's chromecast support is second to none and is the reason why I subscribed to Spotify premium after Google killed Play Music, since Youtube Music Premium chromecast support is ironically complete **bleep** compared to Spotify's.  The Spotify linux GUI is also great. My only issue is that if I pause playback for a few minutes, Spotify disconnects from my chromecast speakers, which is annoying. Can some developers please update things to allow more time before disconnecting chromecast? Or if that's not possible, can you expose a function on dbus so a user can set a keyboard shortcut in their desktop environment that will allow them to automatically connect to a certain device entry in their devices dropdown (eg. for me my target would be the second item in the array that gets rendered in that drop down, which is my "Apartment" chromecast group).

Thanks for the amazing product.

0 Replies

Suggested posts