Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ivyishere is no longer working

Solved!

ivyishere is no longer working

ivyishere.org is a useful service that allows you to build up a spotify playlist from a comma-delimited Artist,Title and is therefore what I use to create playlists of selected songs when I don't want to search for them one at a time.

This service obviously uses some spotify request underneath, but now is no longer returning.

spotmysongs stopped working some time ago, and ivyishere is the only one left and now I can't even use that.

What have you done your end to stop that from working.

OH AND ONE OTHER THING. DO NOT CHANGE WHAT I SEARCH FOR ON THIS BOARD. WHEN I TYPE IVYISHERE THAT MEANS I AM SEARCHING FOR IVYISHERE. DON'T BE LIKE GOOG**bleep**E/YOUTUBE**bleep**E OR BING**bleep**E AND CHANGE TO WHAT YOU WANTED ME TO SEARCH FOR.

I TYPED IVYISHERE AND YOU SEARCHED FOR ANYWHERE THEN ASKED IF I REALLY WANTED TO SEARCH FOR WHAT I TYPED. YES I DID YOU MORONS OR I WOULDN'T HAVE TYPED THAT.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Does directly copying & pasting from an open CSV file to Ivy's related tab work maybe, so you don't have to upload a CSV file?

And Spotify sort of offers this import service for former Rdio users, so there is hope they might include it in the app someday.

Oops, a message from the Ivy dev on the first page:

"Ivy is currently being rebuilt.

After 6 years of support, Spotify finally retired their old API and Ivy can't quite work with the new one yet. This requires a rewrite of many parts of the tool. This will take some time. An ETA can't be given at this moment. I know a lot of people are enjoying Ivy and would like to see it back. It started as a hobby project back in 2010 and has since then grown to become a website where more than 200 people upload their playlists every day."

If this is true, then all other playlist converters like Soundiiz, Stamp or Mooval might have the same problems now. OK, just tested Spotlistr with directly copying & pasting from an open CSV file to its textbox, and it seems to have worked, got a new playlist in Spotify's desktop client with the found tracks after a few seconds. So that method is still available at least, maybe also for other playlist converters.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

http://ivyishere.org/ works fine for me, at least the site, did not test uploading and processing a CSV file.

I'm currently having the same issue - it just gets stuck processing.  TBH I wish Spotify natively supported csv playlists; it shouldn't be this hard to import external playlists into a service that's built around playlisting.

@hans-jürgen wrote:

http://ivyishere.org/ works fine for me, at least the site, did not test uploading and processing a CSV file.

The site is up. Attempt to use it though. Go to spotify a playlist, select CSV and type in any artist and title with a comma separated, a song you know is on Spotify.

Adele,Hello

for example.

Then try to create the Spotify playlist for it. It will say there is 1 song and it will take forever and not return.

And yes, Spotify should support this service on their own website.

I am seeing a cross-site scripting error when I submit a playlist. That's a fairly simple thing to fix but can easily be overlooked if domain names have recently been changed.
Marked as solution

Does directly copying & pasting from an open CSV file to Ivy's related tab work maybe, so you don't have to upload a CSV file?

And Spotify sort of offers this import service for former Rdio users, so there is hope they might include it in the app someday.

Oops, a message from the Ivy dev on the first page:

"Ivy is currently being rebuilt.

After 6 years of support, Spotify finally retired their old API and Ivy can't quite work with the new one yet. This requires a rewrite of many parts of the tool. This will take some time. An ETA can't be given at this moment. I know a lot of people are enjoying Ivy and would like to see it back. It started as a hobby project back in 2010 and has since then grown to become a website where more than 200 people upload their playlists every day."

If this is true, then all other playlist converters like Soundiiz, Stamp or Mooval might have the same problems now. OK, just tested Spotlistr with directly copying & pasting from an open CSV file to its textbox, and it seems to have worked, got a new playlist in Spotify's desktop client with the found tracks after a few seconds. So that method is still available at least, maybe also for other playlist converters.

I didn't know of any of those services, nothing useful has come up in searches.

But now I know of the ones you have mentioned Spotlistr for example, I will try it. Maybe it's better than ivyishere anyway. I preferred Spotmysongs anyway as it told me clearly which ones it didn't find.

I wonder if spotlistr will find me A-Ha songs. Ivy failed every time, no matter how I spelt A-Ha. The - in their name was an issue. A%2D%Ha or whatever might have worked?

It seems that Spotlistr can deal with a-ha songs, it will show you different album covers for multiple finds which you can pick first before actually creating a playlist.

Stamp also mentions CSV files at the bottom of its website under "Coming Soon" with a check mark, so maybe it's already possible to upload a CSV to them as well.

Spotlistr works although I have some issues with it. I could not see any feedback forum for it.

It did not find me Manfred Mann - 5-4-3-2-1 but only found me "karaoke" versions.

There was no option to skip it either, i.e. not use any of the versions it found.

In addition, that song is on Spotify so it should have found it. And I had typed it exactly as it is. Title 5-4-3-2-1

I do not like it forcing me to create a playlist. I would rather it let me copy/paste into Spotify like ivyishere and spotmysongs used to. I like to create them in a folder, or in an already-existing playlist.

Still, in some ways it is better than ivyishere in that it lets you check what it picked and change on occasion, and tells you what it did not find at all.

I just got a reply from the Stamp support that it already can handle CSV files for import, e.g. your exported Last.fm listening history. So that app would be another alternative, although it is not free. It also is one of the few that allows conversion to and from Google Play Music and Apple Music.

Oh dear what a problem with Spotlistr.

Playlist of 100 songs, of which only 2 are not actualy on Spotify.

Found karaoke versions of songs that are on spotify, live versions for no particular reason, but worst of all WAS PICKING THE WRONG SONG FOR NO REASON.

I am putting in artist and SONG TITLE. Not album title. I want the song with the title that I selected.

Why did I get "you'll never walk alone" instead of "How do you do it". Why did I get "twist and shout" instead of "please please me".??

Ray Charles - Don't Set Me Free. Yeah I think an issue about a smart quote, but the version I found doesn't have a smart quote and the song is on Spotify. But no it only found me karaoke versions.

Steve & Eydie - I want to stay here. It only found it when I entered it as an Eydie Gorme song and there is an accent on Gorme too it might deal with.

But really it needs smarter decisions of how to match.

Suggested posts