Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

10,000 song limit

10,000 song limit

This is more just a plea to the people at spotify:

Why have you put a limit on how many songs we can have in our own music? It just makes no sense!! I've filled up my 10,000 song limit allowance already and now want to save more music but can't.

The quicker this can be changed the better as I am seriously considering cancelling my subscription

254 Replies

@NeilN forget him, your earlier post hit the nail on the head, this [Removed by Rock Star] needs to realize if he has nothing to contribute then move one because it's obvious this thread isn't for him, Ole jancrow @Reflux_

@chono has been reported. Any harrassment will be reported.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Follow me: Google+ | Spotify | Spotify Community

@Colonel_Collin

You have now been reported for calling us "silly" for caring about the amount of music we want to keep within our personal collections. Also, for treating everything like an idiot for thinking that way.

It's time you realise that not everyone is like you. Some of us have a lot of nostalgia and memories attached to music. I may not want to listen to the stuff I did 10 years ago anymore.. but I don't want to forget about it or lose it forever.

Kind of like family photos. The perfect analogy that you shot down.

Report yo muma @colonel_collin

@chono @alexreekie have both been reported. That's two for @chono.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

Like you think I fraid a ban from forum? [Removed by Rock Star] @Reflux_ #reportyomuma

EXCUSE ME? You have taken this farther than needed. I am now reporting you to the crew. Sorry man.

@colonel_collin #reportyomuma

@chono, I don't think you realize, but, this ban could mean your actual account.

Oh well deezer seems like a good deal since I'm premium anyway  #reportyomuma

Hi there!

I know that you're annoyed, but please, bear in mind that it's true you're a minority, Spotify is focusing in other areas, but they still check old ideas, so if you didn't add a kudo to this idea, do it now: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Increase-maximum-songs-allowed-in-quot-Your-Music-quot/i...

You think that this won't work, Chromecast users thought so too, but after more than a year the Chromecast idea was implemented. Never lose the faith. 😉

What could you possibly report me for? You must have really scraped the barrel trying to find a reason for that.

There is a high probaility that I will be dropping my premium account over this restriction. Tidal and Apple Music will both have a chance at my business if Spotify can't recitfy this abusurd limitation. I've been paying for a subscription for over two years, and have no way to "Save" music anymore since I've hit this arbitrary limit. 

Yep, over spotify thanks to this. PSA, you'll lose afficianados with this
sort of bs. I've been out for almost 5 months now. I miss their mobile
interface but Google music is a fine replacement.

If you want back your mobile interface, @Devilmaydante, >> here is the way to get back your mobile interface with 50,000 tracks on Spotify tomorrow.<<

With that "solution", there is no 10,000 track limit-- >> Here is my Current 65,092 track playlist. <<  Do you have another 20,000 tracks that you suggest I should add to my current 65,092 track playlist?  I could add them tomorrow.

What would you like on your mobile tomorrow?

Hi everyone

just to remind everybody who's fed up with this limit that Deezer has no limit and I currently have an offer of 3 months premium with them for a one off payment of £9.99 (I get one month free if you do it so you can see my motivation).

I've been with them for 4 months now - it's way better.  Even the app (i'm on android) is nicer.  

if you're interested, send me a private message with your email address (I have a link where I have to put your email in and deezer send you the offer).

Hi Everyone, Deezer has no song limits:

http://www.deezer.com/

It also has a bigger catalogue than spotify

eu8PDO627CgDAyf2IrATmg-deezer-logo

Actually, Deezer gives you about 300 songs so that Deezer keeps looping around in those 300 songs to give you no more than about 300 songs-- unless you do some "programming fixes".

Sure, you can put together a Deezer library of over 20,000 tracks-- but you cannot-- except manually-- play through more than 300 songs without going into some random loop of no more than 300 tracks-- try Deezer-- hook Deezer up to  last.fm  to see that you are looping forever through 300 tracks and never get to hear-- How many did you say?-- 20,000 tracks?  (laughing)

No. You get only something like 300 tracks from Deezer-- unless you intervene to make some "programming fixes" to Deezer. Try Deezer-- see what you get from Deezer in  last.fm.  Do you like those loops of no more than 300 tracks in Deezer?

This does not make Spotify better than Deezer-- You get those same random loops through only 300 tracks in Spotify-- So you have to make those same "programming fixes" to Spotify to play all of your 20,000 track library in Spotify.

This is totally dumb. I am a paying (Premium) customer. Paying! Not a free subscriber. To limit my songs added to My Music is an insult.

I created a text file containing 10,000 references to a singular track (basically 5421318643512hd45 repeated over and over). The ID is 17 characters long. The total filesize is 142kb which is ~4% of an average mp3 size. 

Considering Spotify has a catalogue of over 20 million songs, that's like a grain of sand in a desert. 

I encountered this ridiculous limit today and I'm ticked off. 

I understand that there's more to associating songs to a user than just a text file, but when you look deep into what's actually being stored it's mind numbingly idiotic. If they're not using just ID's, then Spotify have hired themselves a rubbish development team.

Suggested posts