Can`t Open Any Links in the Web / Spotify opens but shows nothing

Solved!

Can`t Open Any Links in the Web / Spotify opens but shows nothing

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany 

Device

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

Operating System

MAC 10.14.6.

My Question or Issue

I have a problem with the app... when I click on links on the internet that lead to Spotify profiles or albums/singles, I only get a blank dark page in the app or nothing changes at all and the app stays as it was before clicking the link. 

The behaviour is like this: 1. Clicking Link 2. Website / Spotify opens 3. Website closes and Spotify Desktop App opens or gets focused .... 4. nothing 

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the app... what can I do?

Thank you! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @DystopianTofu,

Thanks for the extensive description.

Could you try deleting the cache and cookies of your browser? You said the desktop app does not load as well. Is this so when you start it directly? Perform a clean reinstall of the desktop app to see if it behaves any different.

Have you tried a different browser and a different Spotify account?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi there @DystopianTofu,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• Is this on all devices or only on the aforementioned Mac?
  • When did this start happening?
  • Does this happen with any link you open or only specific ones?
  • What is the format that the links follow? Is it open.spotify.com... or something else? Send us a few links so we can test
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, thank you so much for answering, sorry for the later reply... i still have that problem. Only on my Mac Mojave 10.14.6 MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017) . On my phone it works normal. 

I attached a picture what i see after hitting in CHROME on this link: https://t.co/T9SS7r0swN

https://open.spotify.com/intl-de/track/7jhiaq4yXh5srav82H8Dvg?si=160d95deef884b7e&nd=1 

The thing is, that the TAB that chrome opens is closing directly after the redirect to the app... but on the app is only the blank screen... i would use spotify online... but the window / tab does not stay open... 

I make a video now... 

Thank you so much! 

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-02 um 17.01.05.jpg

So, here is a video showing the behaviour... after several times, the correct album shows up... but only for a short moment, getting replaced by the blank screen... one can than go back and maybe find the album. But i had several moments, where i could not see the linked music, even after going back... anyway, the blank screen is strange.  https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/fji9srjxnizeq5t5hybcn/demo.mov?rlkey=nlwj7zsa01xjr9aa2kv4ub5fp&dl=0

Marked as solution

Hey @DystopianTofu,

Thanks for the extensive description.

Could you try deleting the cache and cookies of your browser? You said the desktop app does not load as well. Is this so when you start it directly? Perform a clean reinstall of the desktop app to see if it behaves any different.

Have you tried a different browser and a different Spotify account?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi! Thank you for the help... i switched to edge... and there the problem is not happening at all, must be some weird chrome glitch...! I will try to delete the cache etc. in case i want to switch back 🙂 

Cheers! and thanks again... 

Hey @DystopianTofu,

Thank you for keeping in touch. 

We're glad to hear that you're able to enjoy your music now. 

If you ever have any other questions in the future, feel free to post in the Community again 🙂

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts