Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Create similar playlist not working in mac app

Solved!

Create similar playlist not working in mac app

The ticket ended-up in the wrong section, but it seems I can't move it or close the ticket. Can someone move it to: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/bd-p/yourlibrary ?

Plan -> Premium

Country -> The Netherlands

Device -> Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System -> 10.15.7

Spotify version -> 1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a

Hi all,

It seems like all of a sudden I'm experiencing problems with the "create similar playlist" function. It's there, but when I click on it nothing happens. Tried to reload Spotify, reboot the Mac, but nothing seems to be working. Tried it on shared playlist, non shared, but nothing works.

I've looked for other topics about this issue, but the existing topics are older or don't have a solution.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Jason

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-30 om 09.17.11.png
Schermafbeelding 2021-04-30 om 09.17.03.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @JasonSoesman

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

Could you try opening the playlist > clicking on the 3 dots > Create a similar playlist and see if it works this way?

If this doesn't do the trick, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @JasonSoesman

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

Could you try opening the playlist > clicking on the 3 dots > Create a similar playlist and see if it works this way?

If this doesn't do the trick, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey Eni,

Thanks, the first solution seems to be working. If that stops I'll use the second.

Best,

Jason

Hi,

I'm using spotify on windows and my spotify version is on 1.1.61.583.gad060c66-a. But the create similar playlist function is not working for me. I have tried creating a similar playlist by clicking the three dots in the playlist itself, because the button is lighted up there but everytime I press the button, it doesn't work (nothing happens in the app). I have tried clearing the cache, logging out of all my devices, uninstalling and reinstalling spotify on my windows, but all of those methods do not seem to work.

I see that this issue of being unable to create a similar playlist seems to keep happening every now and then, and it is kind of frustrating because I really love using this function.

Do you guys have any other solutions I can try or are able to fix the problem? 

Thank you in advance 🙂

Hey @Bellavis,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to suggest a few more.

In case you're using the app from our website, you can download it from the Microsoft store to see if anything changes.

It's also a good idea to try installing the app in safe mode. Does that make a difference?

Keep us in the loop.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts