Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

MacBook Air M2

Operating System

MacOS 13.0.1 Ventura

My Question or Issue

Spotify's rich presence in Discord only works when the Spotify desktop app is closed. This means when I run discord and stream Spotify music on my laptop it doesn't show up in Discord. When Spotify desktop is open and I stream on an external speaker with Spotify Connect, it doesn't show up in Discord. However, the minute I close the desktop app, the integration starts functioning. 

This is unintended behaviour right? Thanks for helping me out.

Merlijn

I have reinstalled Spotify and Discord, including removal of the directories in ApplicationSupport.

On a sidenote, I tried posting this a few minutes ago, but I can't seem to find it anywhere, nor did I receive a confirmation email. If this happens to be a double post, sorry in advance.

7 Replies

Hi there @Merlijndevries,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome aboard! Does the network you are using have any restrictions on it? Can you test on different networks to see if the same happens? Also, if you are using a VPN, deactivate it and try again.

Hope this helps.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I now have tried this on two different networks. It still happens. I do not use a VPN. Thanks for replying!

Hey @Merlijndevries,

Thanks for the reply.

This looks like an issue on Discord's end and we encourage you to contact the Discord support team as well, but in the meantime could you try installing the Spotify desktop app from a different source than the current one, e.g. from the Microsoft Store, if you have it currently downloaded from the Spotify site and vice versa?

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thank you for your reply! Sadly I couldn’t find Spotify on the Mac AppStore. I will try contacting Discord as well.

Did you just tell a macos user to check the microsoft store??

I figured it out when you use Spotify connect on a speaker the integration breaks, when you play on device it works. 

i logged into my forum account to like this. made me audibly laugh 😂

Suggested posts