Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Editing a playlist on Mac without affecting playlist on iPod touch?

Solved!

Editing a playlist on Mac without affecting playlist on iPod touch?

Premium Plan in USA 

On Macbook Air & iPod Touch

I'm new to Spotify and wondering if I can edit a playlist on the mac without affecting what's playing on the other attached device (iPod Touch).  Is there any way to do this?   Thanks for any pointers.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @mfbu2mv_-m03p and welcome to the Community + Spotify! 

I hope you are enjoying it so far. 🙂
As far as I know, there isn't a way to keep this from happening on the same login. Once your iPod goes online and syncs with your account it will read from the same library as your mac and will reflect those changes. 

If you keep your iPod offline (for up to 30 days at a time), it would not show those changes until you re-synced it. Spotify does require offline devices to touch base once every 30 days though.
I hope this answers your question - but if not feel free to reply and I'd be happy to help how I can! Have a good one and enjoy the music! 😄

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Cool! I'm glad that works out for you. 🙂

I often take my mac offline myself so I can play different things at once on different devices . It's definitely one of my favorite features of the Premium plan.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

As far as I know, there isn't a way to keep this from happening on the same login. Once your iPod goes online and syncs with your account it will read from the same library as your mac and will reflect those changes. 

If you keep your iPod offline (for up to 30 days at a time), it would not show those changes until you re-synced it. Spotify does require offline devices to touch base once every 30 days though.
I hope this answers your question - but if not feel free to reply and I'd be happy to help how I can! Have a good one and enjoy the music! 😄

Marked as solution

Thanks for that reply.  So I'm thinking that going offline (by downloading playlist or 3) is going to be a solution.  That way I can still edit my playlist and search for new music on Mac without interrupting music on the iPod.

Thank you again 

Marked as solution

Cool! I'm glad that works out for you. 🙂

I often take my mac offline myself so I can play different things at once on different devices . It's definitely one of my favorite features of the Premium plan.

Suggested posts