Error Message: Failed to enable Spotify Social

Solved!

Re: Error Message: Failed to enable Spotify Social

rjm5533
Casual Listener

@cameronc I agree, it seems very lame. Sorry.

tomihasa
Gig Goer

I'm getting this today. I purchased my first Spotify gift card yesterday, because I don't have a credit card, because their security is too low and I like to avoid any hassle of getting a new card if it gets hacked.

Anyway, first I listened to Spotify using my Mac Pro 8-Core. Just in case I shut down Spotify on Mac Pro and started listening with MacBook Pro. So switching my PC seems to cause this problem in my case.

tomihasa
Gig Goer

Hey people! If you only want to get rid of the message, try "File": "Log Out". I also tried some other stuff.

user-removed
Not applicable

I have managed to get rid of the 'Failed to enable Spotify Social' red flag. I have recently deactivated my Facebook account but forgot to uncheck Account Settings>Notifications>Other>Spotify.

I had to go back, re-activate my Facebook account temporarily, uncheck the box then de-activate my Facebook account.

mhaeberli

Posted as solved.  NOT solved in my view.

daddyoakhaven

RIGHT.   This is supremely annoying.  I like Spotify.  I pay monthly for Spotify.  I have no interest in looking like a douche by sharing my impeccable musical taste with my billions of FB friends whose musical taste I also don't give a crap about.  Please fix this Spotify folks.

A7sus44
Casual Listener

This is really annoying.  I do not use facebook.  Once upon a time I did.  I deactivated months ago.  Can we get a real solution to this from the developer please?

Solution!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone- Just want to clarify a few things here. If you have a Spotify username and didn't sign up through Facebook (like @A7sus44, @daddyoakhaven, @mhaeberli) there's no necesity to link with Facebook. 

However, if you're receiving this 'Failed to enable' message, please try the steps below: 

1. Open your Preferences page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

2. Press Connect to Facebook

3. Wait until Facebook login opens and press the Cancel button (if you don't want to link to your Facebook page). 

If you joined via Facebook you'll just need to make sure your FB profile remains active. FB users that keep receiving this message should get in touch via the contact form.

Highlighted

A7sus44
Casual Listener

Thank you Meredith, this seems to have worked!  :smileyhappy:

Zilver
Regular

worked!!!!! :)))

---- Always Spotify Premium!! ----
I'm a serious musicaddict and proud of it
From Sweden and lives in Sweden!