Free/Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Macbook Pro 2018

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

My desktop Spotify has recently updated and is no longer showing me the friend feed or activity. I usually have four friends showing up in the friend feed but now the feed isn't showing at all.

I have tried to re-enable it in the settings but the option to enable it has disappeared from the settings, same with the option to connect to Facebook. Also the option to follow non-artists has disappeared from the desktop version.

I have logged out and reinstalled the desktop app but it's still not working. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The issue seems to have sorted itself out

View solution in original post

6 Replies

It would help if you posted some screenshots as well.

So here are some screenshots, if it helps

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 9.02.58 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 9.03.26 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 9.02.40 pm.png

That's what I thought. Your whole desktop client looks like the webplayer. There are multiple threads about this but I think this haven't been escalated for investigation.

Hey there @selbossi

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We're currently aware of an issue causing the behavior you describe. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Ivan, the ongoing issue that you linked to is not the issue that this user is having. One thing is Friend Feed not updating or working. The other one is Friend Feed completely gone and the app looking like the webplayer.

Marked as solution

The issue seems to have sorted itself out

Suggested posts