Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP! Spotify keeps crashing on my MAC OS X 10.6.8

Solved!

HELP! Spotify keeps crashing on my MAC OS X 10.6.8

Hi, 

I have OS X 10.6.8. and I can't open my Spotify anymore. Everytime I open it it would start to load but then it disappears! I tried to turn off the wifi - which it did pull up Spotify without crashing. However, when I turned wifi back on, it would come live but it would crash again shortly. I'm lost and I need my music 😞

Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Nvm, a member in this forum has the same issuse, same OS with you. He "Solved it by uninstalling Spotify using an app called AppCleaner (it's free). Downloaded Spotify again, reinstalled it, good as gold". You can try this out if anything change.

Link: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Crashing-on-startup-search-issues/td-p/4...

Dont foget to KUDOS if you think this post helpful 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Did you check if your antivirus sofware/ Mac firewall ban Spotify/ connection activity?

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you are talking about... don't even know how to check it. 😞

Marked as solution

Nvm, a member in this forum has the same issuse, same OS with you. He "Solved it by uninstalling Spotify using an app called AppCleaner (it's free). Downloaded Spotify again, reinstalled it, good as gold". You can try this out if anything change.

Link: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Crashing-on-startup-search-issues/td-p/4...

I have the same problem on Mac OS X 10.6.7. Spotify freezes my computer every time and I have to do a hard restart.... Did you find a solution?

I have the same problem too!!

@oddprod wrote:

I have the same problem on Mac OS X 10.6.7. Spotify freezes my computer every time and I have to do a hard restart.... Did you find a solution?

Does it even launch, or does Spotify start then immediately crash?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I click on the spotifyapp, it opens, and after 2 seconds it dissapears. If i try to click on something, it stops, and doesnt react, and then I have to force the shutdown or what i can call it. not so good in english

Spotify launches but the main window is grey. I get a spinning beach ball and everything freezes. All other open apps freezes as well. I can't even force quit anything, I have to force shut down the computer.

I dont understand why this is even a problem, why they havent fixed it. and it is so hard to find out what to do. It seems like many other people had the same problem.  Never had any problems with spotify at all before. 

Can you try reinstalling and removing the files mentioned in this post?
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-Crashing-on-Startup-OSX-Mavericks...

Peter

Having the same issue. So frustrating. Started before they updated the app too.  I was hoping that was the issue. Deleted and re-installed with the newest version. It either opens and immediately crashes or opens and freezes. No other issues on any other Spotify (web, windows, iphone, ipad) just on my mac laptop. 😞 

Have you tried the steps in the post I linked to above?

Peter

Tried this now. Seems to help. Thanks!

Guys, this AppCleaner fixed it right up. I drop Spotify from the applications folder into it, took ten seconds to remove all folders relating to Spotify. I then went to the Spotify website and downloaded and installed again. Now works like a charm! After logging in, all my playlists and favourite music was still there. Only the locally downloaded tracks had to 'make available offline' again.

Massive thanks for this pnc!!

This keeps happening to me, too.  I have had SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH SPOTIFY since trying to use it that I think I'm done.  It's a big heaping pile of dog crap.  I had to create another user name JUST TO GET ON THIS BOARD TO TRY TO GET HELP BECAUSE IT WON'T LET ME PUT IN MY ACTUAL NAME.  IT SAYS IT'S ALREADY TAKEN! YES, I KNOW, BY ME, YOU DUMB A HOLES! If you can't put something out there that DOESN'T MAKE PEOPLE ABSOLUTELY INSANE WITH IRRITATION AND FRUSTRATION THEN DON'T PUT OUT ANYTHING.  So, there is no answer to why it keeps crashing then? No help? No way to solve this problem, I suppose?

By the way, I E_MAILED SPOTIFY for help and they were so kind, they told me to find a solution online.  THANKS SO MUCH SPOTIFY!

If you got an email back directing you to the boards, you need to respond back with that email so your issue can be taken a look at by a spotify tech.

Hi!  Not that I'm an expert on this but my entire problem started when I was surreptitiously thrown onto the mac cleaner app that someone in this string is recommending!  Food for thought....

@dhc55162 wrote:

Hi, 

I have OS X 10.6.8. and I can't open my Spotify anymore. Everytime I open it it would start to load but then it disappears! I tried to turn off the wifi - which it did pull up Spotify without crashing. However, when I turned wifi back on, it would come live but it would crash again shortly. I'm lost and I need my music 😞

Can anyone help?

Spotify constantly crashes on my Mac 10.10.2. I've had this problem for 2 years. They should make it impossible to crash with zero error messages.

Suggested posts