Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I configure my headphones to seek forward instead of playing next song?

Solved!

How can I configure my headphones to seek forward instead of playing next song?

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone X + MacOS

Samsung level over & Cardo Packtalk

My Question or Issue

I used to be able to seek forward or back 15 seconds when playing a podcast, but now I can only play next or start from beginning. When playing music it would play next song and that's fine, but with long podcasts (1-2 hours) it should seek by default. I haven't changed any configuration from before.

This happens on both iPhone and Mac, with two different headsets. It almost makes the podcasts unusable to me as I want to skip parts. Is this something I can configure?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again @vojdan,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately we're not able to answer this question, as we do not receive information on all the code changes that are being done, but we can confirm that the default action for listening to podcasts on mobile is still a 15sec. skip or rewind.

We also did a test with several headphone models and can confirm that all of them skipped or rewind 15 seconds, instead of playing the next episode.

This leads us to think that your specific pair of headphones sends a direct "next" request to the app instead of using the default action assigned in the interface.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey there @vojdan,

Thank you for your post here in the Community

It's not configurable. Some headphone modes have different shortcuts programmed into their remotes. For example, different actions can be executed by two quick consecutive clocks on the buttons, but this varies by headphone model.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

But why did it work previously then? Has spotify changed the code in a
release?
Marked as solution

Hey again @vojdan,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately we're not able to answer this question, as we do not receive information on all the code changes that are being done, but we can confirm that the default action for listening to podcasts on mobile is still a 15sec. skip or rewind.

We also did a test with several headphone models and can confirm that all of them skipped or rewind 15 seconds, instead of playing the next episode.

This leads us to think that your specific pair of headphones sends a direct "next" request to the app instead of using the default action assigned in the interface.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Thank you.

Suggested posts