Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I get the enhance button back?

Solved!

How can I get the enhance button back?

Hello Spotify Community,

My Spotify has updated within the past few days - and it has introduced the 'Smart Shuffle' feature in place of the 'Enhance' playlist feature. Although I would be fine with this replacement, it is quite buggy and not really preferred for several reasons:
1.) On PC, the Smart Shuffle option doesn't add the recommended song when I click the plus button.
2.) Oftentimes, I might want to listen to my playlist in order - with the occasional new song occurring!
3.) In the old Enhanced feature, adding a song would result in three new recommendations; however, adding a song sometimes glitches the entire smart shuffle and turns the rest of the queue into random songs.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @JazzBoBazz,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Smart Shuffle is the evolution of Enhance. However, if you want to find other ways to add songs based on your playlist’s vibe you can always scroll at the end of your playlist and check out the recommended songs for you. 🙂

The songs you add should be added to your playlist, so it might be worth performing a clean reinstall of fhe app to see if the issue persists.

Lastly, could you describe what's happening exactly where it glitches the Smart Shuffle feature out? A screen recording of it happening would be helpful.

Looking forward to your response. 

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @JazzBoBazz,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Smart Shuffle is the evolution of Enhance. However, if you want to find other ways to add songs based on your playlist’s vibe you can always scroll at the end of your playlist and check out the recommended songs for you. 🙂

The songs you add should be added to your playlist, so it might be worth performing a clean reinstall of fhe app to see if the issue persists.

Lastly, could you describe what's happening exactly where it glitches the Smart Shuffle feature out? A screen recording of it happening would be helpful.

Looking forward to your response. 

MaximSpotify Star

Wow bad move. That enhance button was better than the 5 recommended tracks at the end of a playlist. Worked great with playlists because more songs in a playlist got more tracks potentially added AND the 5 recommended tracks. More is ALWAYS better. I buy Spotify for it's algorithm and you've just took alot of that away because those 5 recommended tracks are eventually repeated after a few refreshes. Give the people what they want. People who know music pay for Spotify's algorithm. You just nerfed your product WOW. It's gonna make me cancel my subscription. I can get commercial free Spotify using an Adblocker, I'm not paying for ad free service. Dumb move. Someone that makes executive decisions clearly doesn't know their own product. You didn't even replace it with something better, you just took value away for music lovers like myself.

Hi Maxim,

I now typically rely on third-party applications to find recommendations - specifically through social media or applications that analyze data through Spotify. Although I do appreciate the recommendations provided in the 'Discover Weekly' playlist, I believe the enhanced feature brought in several different new songs from new artists that I greatly enjoyed. That was one of the few algorithms that encouraged me to subscribe! 

As for the bugs/glitches with the smart shuffle feature, I've attached a screen recording of how a recommended song in my liked playlist will not provide a +/- button necessary. Additionally, the smart shuffle feature only provides very few recommendations and often shuffles them, as I usually get the same few songs repeated (and even have them pop up again after clicking the minus button). 

Hey @JazzBoBazz,

Thanks for getting back.

I've passed your feedback onto the right team at Spotify 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

The "add to" button still doesn't work for songs suggested by smart shuffle. You have to right click the album cover, click add to playlists, and then it shows all your playlists out of order without your pinned playlists at the top and it doesn't show what playlists the song is already in.

I agree that you totally f** up your product by taking out enhance option. Canceling subscription as well.. Iva

Suggested posts