Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to adjust width of columns?

Solved!

How to adjust width of columns?

I used to be able to find that sweet spot between columns (e.g., song, artiust, album) where my cursor arrow became a width-indication-symbol and I could adjust the width of the columns. Since the new version of Spotify arrived, I can't. How to adjust column width?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It is not possible to adjust the width in the new version of Spotify (1.0.1)

You can however go to VIEW ---> zoom in or zoom out

to show characters that are cut off

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Those faint lines before artist, time, album, etc should make it re-size.

No such faint lines appear in my interface.

Screen Shot 2015-03-08 at 7.09.23 PM.png

You don't have any sidebars that let you drag? 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

If I did, I would not be here appealing to helpful and wise people like you.

Marked as solution

It is not possible to adjust the width in the new version of Spotify (1.0.1)

You can however go to VIEW ---> zoom in or zoom out

to show characters that are cut off

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Matt, thank you for the reply. That really sucks. How can the minds behind Spotify be so stupid?

But that's only a partial remedy. To be able to read the track info in a playlist of tracks from this album: https://open.spotify.com/album/3985wye1X31wCuN3CtjHo5 I would have to zoom out to such a degree that the text is no longer legible...

Really, maybe it's time to implement some kind of text wrap feature for info fields...

I'm not sure what the management are thinking at Spotify?

First we loose that handy feature where you can click the artwork to jump straight back to the tune being played (yes I know it works in some situations like if you're in another play list but it's confusing me still) Then Ctrl F searching within a playlist goes, which is unforgivable IMHO. Now we can't resize column sizes and finally the apps have disappeared!

I've been a champion of Spotify since 2009 and still consider it to be the future of music but all I can see is retrograde steps being taken and the product is becoming more frustrating to use.

So this is an appeal to the managers at Spotify to read these threads and take notice! There are other streaming systems we can switch to!

Btw I also used to work as a Software User Interface designer so if you need some help give me a shout 🙂

Ctrl 3 is back!

I've just seen it posted elswhere on this forum

This is also really bothering me. What was the point of removing this basic functionality?

SO very annoying. This is what it looks like if I want so see the length of the songs.

@ode wrote:

I used to be able to find that sweet spot between columns (e.g., song, artiust, album) where my cursor arrow became a width-indication-symbol and I could adjust the width of the columns. Since the new version of Spotify arrived, I can't. How to adjust column width?

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 18.44.35.png

Column sizing is basic UI functionality.  Astounding to me that Spotify does not have this, but I suppose those super-smart UX people at Spotify just know better.  Honestly, the UX team should be fired for letting this linger as a problem for 2 years.  What's the purpose of this community if no one from Spotify development ever weighs in here?

I know these posts are ancient. I use a Mac Desktop equally ancient. if you move cursor about the edge of the column to be stretched it will turn to a + cross type icon. Then hold down option key and you can stretch the column to whatever length desired. You should firstly stretch the screen of Spotify to full view otherwise you will run out of space. Hope this helps.

Dasherlad, thank you for piping up. No matter how I hover my cursor (Macbook Pro running OSX El Capitan), no divisions between the various headings appear. The only exception is the basic division between the list of playlists at left and the presentation of the chosen playlist at right.

Hi Ode!
Regarding the problem with the columns on Spotify....try and bring your
mouse to the edge of header name of each column and click... and hold....
the arrow pointer icon should change to a cross icon.... when it does click
and hold again and then drag to extend the column or close it.

I made a video...a first time effort.. but failed to upload it on Youtube
after the longest time!

Here's wishing you success.

2022 and I cant see my podcast titles properly ... the titles prefixed cause the impotant bit to be cut off. And I cant remove or adjust columns in the windows client. Every time I come ot the Spotify UI I wonder who calls the shots. It's simply awful. its as if the developers never actually use it. I mean at the VERY least you could have the full title popup when you hover over the truncated title. Gah.

Suggested posts