Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to stop Desktop Spotify from sharing the queue with a Phone or any other device?

Solved!

How to stop Desktop Spotify from sharing the queue with a Phone or any other device?

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

MacBook Pro, iPhone

Operating System

El Capitan, 12.4

My Question or Issue

When I go to work while listening in my car via Spotify I get into the office and when I fire up my desktop Spotify, the same queue (along with repeat and shuffle settings) as the one on my phone. How do I stop this from happening? In my car I might listen to a playlist or podcast, but when I get to work I don't want those to play, I have playlists for work (non distracting). Then when I get back into my car, I've lost my place in the playlist or podcast.

Some devices are separate and should not share the queue. How do we work around this "feature". How do we stop having a shared queue between devices?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @colanutnm, thanks for writing!

Unfortunately it's not possible yet to keep your queues seperatly on each device. But have a look at the following suggestion in the Ideas Exchange. You might be interested in this, as its fighting for your wanted feature: [Spotify Connect] Don’t automatically synchronize what I am playing across devices

Just leave your kudos/comments there to support it 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @colanutnm, thanks for writing!

Unfortunately it's not possible yet to keep your queues seperatly on each device. But have a look at the following suggestion in the Ideas Exchange. You might be interested in this, as its fighting for your wanted feature: [Spotify Connect] Don’t automatically synchronize what I am playing across devices

Just leave your kudos/comments there to support it 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I was afraid that was the answer. It worked correctly at one time I thought.

Anyhow, I had forgotten I had already upvoted that Idea. Rereading the thread, I don't have high hopes.

Suggested posts