Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to stop the app Automatically Open on Mac desktop

Solved!

How to stop the app Automatically Open on Mac desktop

Hi, I selected "Don't open automatically" on the setting. However, whenever I start up the desktop, the Spotify app still open automatically, how can I stop it?????

In addition, I already restart Spotify manytimes for upgraded version, the message still keep popping out, what can I do?

I've highlighted both problem marked in red arrow!

I am using OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

Spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Go to login items in the Mac settings and see if Spotify is there. If so remove it. 

http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/how_remove_startup_items_os_x

System Preferences > Users & Groups. Once there, click your username, and then click on the Login Items tab.

Here, you can see all of the items that you've selected to launch at startup. To remove an item, select it in the list, and then click on the minus (-) button.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

Go to login items in the Mac settings and see if Spotify is there. If so remove it. 

http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/how_remove_startup_items_os_x

System Preferences > Users & Groups. Once there, click your username, and then click on the Login Items tab.

Here, you can see all of the items that you've selected to launch at startup. To remove an item, select it in the list, and then click on the minus (-) button.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thank you so much MattSuda, the problem is solved, you're a genius 😄

You're welcome 😃

MattSudaSpotify Star

Same problem here. The "preference way" didn't solve it at all. After deleting Spotify from startup items and starting/closing the App – whop! the startup item is back!

In addition: After disabling the automatic start in Spotify's prefs I logged out and quitted Spotify. The system prefs were showing no "Spotify" entry (which was new!). Woohoo! – But next time starting Spotify and loggin in the Spotify prefs showed "Minimal" again … 

What a bother!

if you dont want to do all that, you can easily pop up this menu and click options and then unlick "open at login" 

Screen Shot 2015-08-03 at 4.03.22 PM.png

I'm having the same issue with Windows 10 - pretty rude in my opinion,

Thanks Matt. Irksome little problem solved in an instant. Has prompted me to purge other unnecessary items from Users and Groups.

Thaaaaanks! I had several days trying to find this! Thanks 🙂

Thank you very much! 🙂

I made the changes in System preferences and in Spotify, but the program still opens up every time I log in. It's really annoying. How can I stop this, please?

I did it in System Preferences - Users & groups , select my user, and in the login  items, I removed Spotify.

I tried that several times. It didn’t work for me.

Yeah, that option isn't even selected and it stills opens automatically, and I can find nothing in the preferences to turn it off. 

Suggested posts