Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I didn't get the new update?

Solved!

I didn't get the new update?

I logged on to spotify this morning only to find out that my friend got the new update and to my suprise, i didn't!I was wondering if anyone has gotten the same issue?

Well you see, It's not that I hate you... It's just that if you were on fire and i had a glass of water, I'd drink it.
43 Replies

Using words like "NOW" suggests that this is happing at the (current)moment, not at the end of the month or "near future" 😞

Yet again, I hear "it will come out soon" or "it's rolling out now" and it's all bull**bleep**, that was last fricken weak that the update "rolled out" I fail to see how in hell this update would take so long the come out for everyone, I mean you don't see android updates take 1+ weeks for their updates to come out to their MUCH larger community. The android updates at most take 1 day for EVRYONE (who is eligible) to receive the update
Well you see, It's not that I hate you... It's just that if you were on fire and i had a glass of water, I'd drink it.

Any sign of the release notes for the new desktop update? Seems kind of crazy that we still haven't gotten one for an update this big when the communty has been up in arms about not getting the details of far smaller ones...

Any mods out there going to set up a sticky?

This is really aggravating me. All these announcements about the new version, AND I signed up for access to Your Music, with an assurance that they would be alerting me via email about it. NOTHING. Just a constant stream of "it's coming" and "wait for it" and "it's rolling out". Just RELEASE IT.

I agree with all of the above.  Tons of "free" users recieving the update to Your Musci and they can't take full advantage of it, yet I pay for Premium for months now, and still nothing.  To think I switched from Rdio for this!

That's a really good point - I've been paying for Spotify since it launched in the US and I still don't have the new update. It's more than slightly aggravating that some free users have it and I don't.

I couldn't post the post with your name for some reason it kept saying fix the highlighted error and it was your name and for some reason your original post was gone so I couldn't reply

It's ridiculous that some free users got the update before premium ones. R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S!

Still don't have it. They have to be doing this on purpose. Probably a slow release to catch any bugs/issues and resolve them. Once they've done that, then it will probably be released en masse.

Just got it, the new windows Spotify application.

Updater said I have to restart for new version, and bingo, I have it.

(I am premium user, do not flame).

PS. There are alot of visiual glitches seeing in the new version, lol

"free" customer gets update sooner than "paid" customer <-- irony

Don't worry I'll post the link thus guy gave me soon, they keep deleting the message hold tight!

"They" will always delete external links to installer files, official or otherwise.  Try downloading and installing an older 0.9.x version from Filehorse or Filehippo and let it update.  Worked for me.  These older versions are sanctioned by Spotify, or they'd be taken down.  Or you can take your chances and Google for Spotify 0.9.8.

Marked as solution

Good news, If you guys want the update just PM me and i send a link over to the new updater, I know it works beacause I've used it on my personal computer and mulitple school computers and so far there have been no issues. So just hit me up with a PM if you want the link.

And send some love over to O-L-A-V for sending me this link!

It's not a bad upgrade actually!

@user-removed wrote:

You are soooo lucky you didn't get this piece of crap (again and again and again). Careful what you wish for...

Hahaha that's funny 😄

Actually I more annoyed for the consideration that Spotify has for their premium user more than the actual update.

I received the blue update message bar today and am now running the new version.

I don't care as much about the look.  I have just been waiting for the Your Music section so I can stop having to make cumbersome playlists!  This whole process makes no sense to me.  Installing the new version doesn't guarantee getting that feature which is ridiculous.

I still havent gotten any blue bar for the update.

which suxs because im premium user

awyliedo - this is why I won't pay for a subscription. If I thought Spotify was providing quailty customer service, I would totally jump on board and the extra features would be well worth the cost. On the iPhone app they put very generic messages in the update notes, then end with a 'ficticious' update for each one that is supposed to be funny. I would laugh if the 'bug fixes' weren't also a joke. 😕

However, when it does work well, Spotify is definitely the best music app out there. They really sell themselves short because it has some great capabilities. Beats radio any day for me, even with the crazy bugs and some oddly missing basic features.

Suggested posts