Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Installation/Login issues: "firewall may be blocking spotify"/ "downloaded disk spotify image"

Installation/Login issues: "firewall may be blocking spotify"/ "downloaded disk spotify image"

Plan

Premium

Country USA

Device

Mac Pro

Operating System

High Sierra (10.13.6)

My Question or Issue

When attempting to log into a new device, Spotify initially refused to recognize my login information through my usual method (Facebook). I reset my password and tried to login directly, but instead, it threw the "firewall may be blocking Spotify [...] try changing [...] proxy settings" error.

I checked through my firewall (nothing was blocked), and the proxy settings (set it to no proxy), to no avail.

I attempted to uninstall and reinstall the app, but that led to a new problem. Now it throws "an error occurred while trying to mount the downloaded Spotify disk image".

Spotify behaves fine on my mobile device. My internet connection is fine. What is recommended for me to do?

3 Replies

Hey @VickiMeiHui,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

As a first step, can you please confirm you were using the steps under Clean reinstall as described in this guide?

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello! Thank you for replying.

I ended up uninstalling my firewall software, installing Spotify, and then
reinstalling the firewall again after, and that fixed the issue.

My firewall wasn’t up to date either, so I suspect that was the issue.

Thank you though!

Hey @VickiMeiHui

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know. 

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again, we're here to help. 

Have a good one 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts