Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Is there a way to shuffle your radio stations?

Is there a way to shuffle your radio stations?

I want to listen to many kinds of music at once. is there a way to put multiple genres into one station or to shuffle your stations like a playlist? This is the only reason I prefer pandora over spotify b/c I don't know how to do this.
14 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I was just thinking, theoretically it will be possible by creating a playlist with multiple genres in and then selecting start radio at the top of the playlist? As Spotify takes the first 250 songs in your playlist and plays similar ones; so if there are multiple genres in the playlist it should play a variety of genres.

There is currently no way to shuffle radio stations; sound useful though! Feel free to submit this as an idea to the ideas section of the community.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I agree. I can't believe more people have not requested this! It is one of the reasons I use Pandora over this as well. I would like a selection of radio station types that I picked (Pop, Modern etc) and have it play songs from each station type just like Pandora. 

I just started Spotify, and can't believe they don't have a shuffle for the radio. I get it has way better options then Pandora, but they still have that on Spotify. I like just choosing 10 different stations on Pandora and just letting it play. I get if I want to hear a specific song or album this is where its at. But sometimes I want to be lazy with my music listening.

I'll prob flip back and forth between Spotify and Pandora, for this very reason. I'm eclectic, and love some Psychic TV with a Norah Jones chaser, or, Haujobb mixed into The The. Pandora just throws it out there, and I'm like that's nutty, but it actually works.

There are two related ideas where you can vote:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-the-option-to-play-multiple-radio-stations-shuffle...

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Base-an-artist-radio-station-on-more-than-one-artist/i...

I also like to shuffle my library folder which contains all my converted Last.fm scrobbles, playlists etc. and recreates my Last.fm library radio this way.

I agree, I want to shuffle genres.  I was considering upgrading to the pay-forSpotify, but i guess that I'll just stick with Pandor

@Trey_car509 wrote:
I want to listen to many kinds of music at once. is there a way to put multiple genres into one station or to shuffle your stations like a playlist? This is the only reason I prefer pandora over spotify b/c I don't know how to do this.

a.

I upgraded to premium, and thought that was the answer.  It doesn't matter.  Hopefully this will come in a future upgrade.  If it doesn't come soon, I think I'll stick with PandoraOne and drop Spotify premium.

On the mobile app you can, but i dont see why not on desktop.

4 years later-  still no way to shuffle radios.

Guess that's why I'm still listening to Pandora.

It is so frustrating now that Pandora has closed in Aust and forced onto Spotify I cant shuffle through Radio stations!!. I like to listen to a large variety of music at once and that was the best feature of Pandora. Not Happy at all

Pandora has closed down in Aust. No choice but use another service. None compares..

How do you do it on the mobile app?

A person asked/posted the statement almost 5 years ago, in 2013, that Spotify doesn't offer a shuttle mode between radio stations, like Pandora does. I want to do that too, but Spotify still doesn't have this feature. Why?? Rob

Suggested posts