Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

It's NOT possible to change the location where your music is stored. [Mac OS X]

It's NOT possible to change the location where your music is stored. [Mac OS X]

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Macbook Air Early 2014

Operating System

macOS MOJAVE 10.14.6

My Question or Issue

I have changed the Setting for "Offline Storage Location" in the Spotify settings to my external sd Card.

When I stream songs or download anything, it is still saved to the OLD location (on my built-in SSD) and not the NEW location (on my sd Card).

I reinstall, clean caches, delete folder and everything.

(I follow this process)

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Why-does-Spotify-take-up-so-much-storage/ta-p/48124...

AND NOTHING, still download on the old location.

In the attached files, you can see the problem (issue).

Captura de Pantalla 2019-10-25 a la(s) 15.39.47.png
Captura de Pantalla 2019-10-25 a la(s) 15.40.17.png
11 Replies

Hey @DJBG, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Did you try the steps under 'I'm still experiencing an issue, what can I do?'?

Keep me posted 🙂

Yes, still the problem.

I dont know what i can do.

Hey @DJBG,

Could you try updating to macOS Catalina 10.15 as it's the latest version of macOS available for your Mac?

Also, what is your exact Spotify version? Find it by going to the Menu Bar > Spotify > About.

I'd suggest trying the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spofiy account page.

I see that you're trying to put it into a Dropbox folder from the screenshot. Could you try with another folder in Downloads for example just to see if that works?

Keep me posted 🙂

I have macOS Mojave 10.14.6 and i dont want update to Catalina because is a unstable version. 

Spotify V. 1.1.17.545.g74ed9ff1

i sign out from all my devices, Offline Devices. change the folder but in the same sd Card (this works perfect).

BUT STILL THE ISSUE.

Hey @DJBG,

Could you try using Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline Devices from your Spotify account page?

If possible, could you try it with another Spotify account in this device to see if that makes a difference?

Thanks 🙂

I did, but it still doesn't work

Hey @DJBG,

Could you add a screenshot of the app's settings to confirm the updated location correctly?

Keep in mind to remove/hide any personal or private details 🙂

Hey @DJBG!

I know it's been a little while but I wanted to see if you were still having this issue. If you are, there's an Ongoing Issues thread that was just started here that is asking for device & OS version, Spotify version, and the location you're trying to download to. If Spotify gets enough information they can look into the issue!

I want have this location with my music, but this don't working

Captura de Pantalla 2019-12-04 a la(s) 12.42.10.png

All the information is here. And I still have the issue

@DJBG,

Could you send the same info in that thread that I linked? Since I'm not a Spotify staff member I'm not able to move this topic into that one, and that is the only one they are checking for related info.

Thanks!

Suggested posts