Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Spotify Connect Volume control does not work on Touch Bar (MacBook Pro)

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceMacBook Pro (13 inch, 2019, Touch Bar)Operating System(macOS Mojave 10.14.6) My Question or IssueThe volume control for spotify connect devices does not function in the touch bar anymore (volume controll for spotify con...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device MacBook Pro (13 inch, 2019, Touch Bar) Operating System (macOS Mojave 10.14.6)   My Question or Issue The volume control for spotify connect de...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Down load time

HelloHow long does it take Spotify to play music after you have logged on? I have a fast connection and all other apps work very fast. Spotify takes 4 to five minutes. Is that normal?Matt

• Casual Listener
  •   Hello How long does it take Spotify to play music after you have logged on? I have a fast connection and all other apps work very fast. Spotify takes 4 to five minutes. Is that normal? Matt
  • mjhs018
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotlight Indexing fails from time to time. Needs forced reindex to restart

Brief description of the issue: After some time, even one launch sometimes, it's not possible to find Spotify.app in spotlight anymore. The Fix is to manually go to Spotlight Privacy options, add Spotify.app and remove it, to force the reindex of tha...

• Visitor
  • Brief description of the issue:   After some time, even one launch sometimes, it's not possible to find Spotify.app in spotlight anymore.    The Fix is to manually go to Spotlight ...
  • haugstve
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • macOS
    Search
    Spotlight
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Keeping local files in playlists when migrating to new laptop

I have a lot of local files on my current laptop, and I have a lot of playlists that mix Spotify music and local files. I moonlight as a DJ so those playlists are super important to me-- I have over 20 playlists with several hundred songs each, some ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a lot of local files on my current laptop, and I have a lot of playlists that mix Spotify music and local files. I moonlight as a DJ so those playlists are super important to me-- I have over ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [UI Bug] Boolean showing instead of Podcast title

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemMojave MacOS I'm on build "1.1.15.448.g00fba0e3"When I scroll down on a Podcast's homepage, the banner that shrinks shows "true" instead of the actual Podcast name.

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 1.24.57 AM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System Mojave MacOS   I'm on build "1.1.15.448.g00fba0e3" When I scroll down on a Podcast's homepage, the banner that...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify cuts off all other sounds with JBL headphone

Hi everyone, When I listen to spotify on my Macbook through my JBL Everest Elite 750NC it seems that spotify blocks all other sounds. If I disconnect my headphones and reconnect I can listen to other sounds again. Starting up spotify and playing a so...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   When I listen to spotify on my Macbook through my JBL Everest Elite 750NC it seems that spotify blocks all other sounds. If I disconnect my headphones and reconnect I can listen...
  • AbhaGosavi
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Mac Desktop App can't Play Songs or Load Liked Songs.

For the past week or so my Spotify desktop app had been having an issue where songs would freeze a few seconds in so I decided to do a clean install per the instructions provided by Spotify (deleting cache, deleting the application, deleting the Spot...

• Casual Listener
  • For the past week or so my Spotify desktop app had been having an issue where songs would freeze a few seconds in so I decided to do a clean install per the instructions provided by Spotify (deleting...
  • glscott
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! How can I get song video loops to show on my iMac. They work fine on my phone!

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • BuppyRabbit
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't download on macOS Sierra 10.12.6

PremiumUnited States DeviceMacbook Pro 2014)Operating System(Sierra 10.12.6) Hello! So, Spotify will not completely download onto my desktop. It seems to be finished, but opens to a blank, grey screen. I've tried finding an answer online, however not...

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 2.29.32 PM.png
  • Regular
  • Premium United States   Device Macbook Pro 2014) Operating System (Sierra 10.12.6)   Hello!    So, Spotify will not completely download onto my desktop. It seems to be f...
  • December2
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    downloading
    Mac
    Sierra
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

BTS Most Popular BUG

PlanFreeCountryUSA DeviceMacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)Operating SystemMac OS Mojave 10.14.6 My Question or IssueWhen I go to the top 5 Popular songs on the BTS page and I select the #4 song it plays the #5 song and vice versa. Euphoria will start playi...

•   Plan Free Country USA   Device MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) Operating System Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6   My Question or Issue When I go to the top 5 Popular songs on the BTS p...
  • Andimia
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Struggling to download playlist on PC

I have upgraded to Premium so I can download my playlists onto my PC. Spotify tells me they are downloaded but I can’t find them anywhere, they are not under my music files and I would like to load them onto a MP3 player for my son. Help?

• Visitor
  • I have upgraded to Premium so I can download my playlists onto my PC.  Spotify tells me they are downloaded but I can’t find them anywhere, they are not under my music files and I would like to...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Curated Playlists] Version Control Issues Across Multi-Devices

PlanFamily PremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone X, iPad Pro, Macbook Pro 2018)Operating System(iOS 10, iPadOS, MacOS) My Question or Issue Version control isn’t consistent. If I build a playlist with a cover and description over, say, a week, the last edi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone X, iPad Pro, Macbook Pro 2018) Operating System (iOS 10, iPadOS, MacOS)   My Question or Issue   Version control isn’t cons...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues on playing songs on Spotify

Greetings everyone,I would like to share the issues I'm having right now with Spotify, in order to find a solution (also I would like to apologize for my english too, it might be confused).Since yesterday (22/09/19), it's impossible to play certain s...

• Visitor
  • Greetings everyone, I would like to share the issues I'm having right now with Spotify, in order to find a solution (also I would like to apologize for my english too, it might be confused). Since ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spent about two hours organizing my playlists. the order isn't syncing across devices

I'm not talking about sorting songs within playlists but the playlists themselves. I created folders to organize about 80 playlists. It looks great on the web player but they're just a big jumble on the Mac desktop app and only about 1/2 of the playl...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not talking about sorting songs within playlists but the playlists themselves. I created folders to organize about 80 playlists. It looks great on the web player but they're just a big jumble on ...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify 1.1.15.448.g00fba0e3 on Mac OS 10.14.6 Keeps Crashing

PlanPremium CountryUSA DeviceMacBook Pro Running Operating SystemMac OS 10.14.6 My Question or IssueSpotify keeps closing/crashing. It somestimes crashes after a minute other times after a few minutes. When I reopen the volume is usually turned all t...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium   Country USA   Device MacBook Pro Running  Operating System Mac OS 10.14.6   My Question or Issue Spotify keeps closing/crashing. It somestimes c...
  • damon81
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! my playlist are empty and cannot listen to any song in my spotify desktop (MAC)

Hi, every one!I am desperate... all my playlists are empty and cannot listen to any song in my spotify desktop (MAC). I try to uninstall spotify hundred of time but is not working.. I think I changed something by mistake and now I cannot listen to an...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi, every one! I am desperate... all my playlists are empty and cannot listen to any song in my spotify desktop (MAC). I try to uninstall spotify hundred of time but is not working.. I think...
  • Mirilla
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Saved song vs liked song - what has just happened?

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceMacOperating SystemOS 10.12.6 My Question or IssueI wonder why the new "liked song" feature (the heart) which has replaced the "saved song" feature (the checked sign) is not working at all... In the past, only "saved son...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Mac Operating System OS 10.12.6   My Question or Issue I wonder why the new "liked song" feature (the heart) which has replaced the "saved song" feat...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! how can i stop every song from being downloaded on a saved album?

when i save and download an album, every song on it automatically downloads to be available offline. is it possible to save and download an album but stop the songs that aren't saved from being downloaded too? i want to still have the album in my lib...

• when i save and download an album, every song on it automatically downloads to be available offline. is it possible to save and download an album but stop the songs that aren't saved from being downl...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Heart icon disappears when selecting song

Brief description of the issue: Filled heart icon becomes unfilled when song is selected. I have lots of songs in large playlists (up to 3000). To be able to discover new music all those songs are added to the liked songs with right-click 'Save to yo...

• Casual Listener
  • Brief description of the issue: Filled heart icon becomes unfilled when song is selected.   I have lots of songs in large playlists (up to 3000). To be able to discover new music all those son...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • liked songs
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[mac OS] Offline storage setting not working correctly

Hi all, sorry if this has been posted before - couldn't find it using the search. Plan: PremiumCountry: Germany DeviceMacbook Air Early 2015Operating Systemmac OS Mojave My Question or IssueI have changed the Setting for "Offline Storage Location" in...

• Hi all,    sorry if this has been posted before - couldn't find it using the search.   Plan: Premium Country: Germany   Device Macbook Air Early 2015 Operating Syste...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes