Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

BTS Most Popular BUG

PlanFreeCountryUSA DeviceMacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)Operating SystemMac OS Mojave 10.14.6 My Question or IssueWhen I go to the top 5 Popular songs on the BTS page and I select the #4 song it plays the #5 song and vice versa. Euphoria will start playi...

•   Plan Free Country USA   Device MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) Operating System Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6   My Question or Issue When I go to the top 5 Popular songs on the BTS p...
  • Andimia
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Struggling to download playlist on PC

I have upgraded to Premium so I can download my playlists onto my PC. Spotify tells me they are downloaded but I can’t find them anywhere, they are not under my music files and I would like to load them onto a MP3 player for my son. Help?

• Visitor
  • I have upgraded to Premium so I can download my playlists onto my PC.  Spotify tells me they are downloaded but I can’t find them anywhere, they are not under my music files and I would like to...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Curated Playlists] Version Control Issues Across Multi-Devices

PlanFamily PremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone X, iPad Pro, Macbook Pro 2018)Operating System(iOS 10, iPadOS, MacOS) My Question or Issue Version control isn’t consistent. If I build a playlist with a cover and description over, say, a week, the last edi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone X, iPad Pro, Macbook Pro 2018) Operating System (iOS 10, iPadOS, MacOS)   My Question or Issue   Version control isn’t cons...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues on playing songs on Spotify

Greetings everyone,I would like to share the issues I'm having right now with Spotify, in order to find a solution (also I would like to apologize for my english too, it might be confused).Since yesterday (22/09/19), it's impossible to play certain s...

• Visitor
  • Greetings everyone, I would like to share the issues I'm having right now with Spotify, in order to find a solution (also I would like to apologize for my english too, it might be confused). Since ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spent about two hours organizing my playlists. the order isn't syncing across devices

I'm not talking about sorting songs within playlists but the playlists themselves. I created folders to organize about 80 playlists. It looks great on the web player but they're just a big jumble on the Mac desktop app and only about 1/2 of the playl...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not talking about sorting songs within playlists but the playlists themselves. I created folders to organize about 80 playlists. It looks great on the web player but they're just a big jumble on ...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify 1.1.15.448.g00fba0e3 on Mac OS 10.14.6 Keeps Crashing

PlanPremium CountryUSA DeviceMacBook Pro Running Operating SystemMac OS 10.14.6 My Question or IssueSpotify keeps closing/crashing. It somestimes crashes after a minute other times after a few minutes. When I reopen the volume is usually turned all t...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium   Country USA   Device MacBook Pro Running  Operating System Mac OS 10.14.6   My Question or Issue Spotify keeps closing/crashing. It somestimes c...
  • damon81
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! my playlist are empty and cannot listen to any song in my spotify desktop (MAC)

Hi, every one!I am desperate... all my playlists are empty and cannot listen to any song in my spotify desktop (MAC). I try to uninstall spotify hundred of time but is not working.. I think I changed something by mistake and now I cannot listen to an...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi, every one! I am desperate... all my playlists are empty and cannot listen to any song in my spotify desktop (MAC). I try to uninstall spotify hundred of time but is not working.. I think...
  • Mirilla
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Saved song vs liked song - what has just happened?

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceMacOperating SystemOS 10.12.6 My Question or IssueI wonder why the new "liked song" feature (the heart) which has replaced the "saved song" feature (the checked sign) is not working at all... In the past, only "saved son...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Mac Operating System OS 10.12.6   My Question or Issue I wonder why the new "liked song" feature (the heart) which has replaced the "saved song" feat...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! how can i stop every song from being downloaded on a saved album?

when i save and download an album, every song on it automatically downloads to be available offline. is it possible to save and download an album but stop the songs that aren't saved from being downloaded too? i want to still have the album in my lib...

• when i save and download an album, every song on it automatically downloads to be available offline. is it possible to save and download an album but stop the songs that aren't saved from being downl...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Heart icon disappears when selecting song

Brief description of the issue: Filled heart icon becomes unfilled when song is selected. I have lots of songs in large playlists (up to 3000). To be able to discover new music all those songs are added to the liked songs with right-click 'Save to yo...

• Casual Listener
  • Brief description of the issue: Filled heart icon becomes unfilled when song is selected.   I have lots of songs in large playlists (up to 3000). To be able to discover new music all those son...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • liked songs
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[mac OS] Offline storage setting not working correctly

Hi all, sorry if this has been posted before - couldn't find it using the search. Plan: PremiumCountry: Germany DeviceMacbook Air Early 2015Operating Systemmac OS Mojave My Question or IssueI have changed the Setting for "Offline Storage Location" in...

• Hi all,    sorry if this has been posted before - couldn't find it using the search.   Plan: Premium Country: Germany   Device Macbook Air Early 2015 Operating Syste...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Song skips forward when switching source

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: Macbook Pro late 2015 Hello ! I have noticed quite a few times now that when I switch the playing source of Spotify from either the app on my iPhone 8 or the Chrome web player to my macOS Spotify app, the song will sk...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: Macbook Pro late 2015   Hello ! I have noticed quite a few times now that when I switch the playing source of Spotify from either the app on my iPhone 8 or...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Dislike button missing in macOS app

PlanPremiumDevices- iPhoneXS Max- Macbook pro 13" 2017Operating System- iOS 12.3.1, Spotify version 8.5.23- macOS Mojave 10.14.6, Spotify version 1.1.15.448.g00fba0e3 While listening to a radio based on a playlist there is no dislike/remove button in...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Devices - iPhoneXS Max - Macbook pro 13" 2017 Operating System - iOS 12.3.1, Spotify version 8.5.23 - macOS Mojave 10.14.6, Spotify version 1.1.15.448.g00fba0e3   Wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Liking a song/album and having it automatically download to phone

PremiumUSA IPHONE 7 - IOS12 Hello! I used to be able to "like" a song on the desktop app of Spotify which would automatically download the song to my iPhone. I had a way to have all music that I "liked" be downloaded. That seems to no longer be the c...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium USA   IPHONE 7 - IOS12   Hello!  I used to be able to "like" a song on the desktop app of Spotify which would automatically download the song to my iPhone.  I had a w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify ne fonctionne plus sur mon mac

bonjour,J'arrive a me connecter a mon compte mais j'arrive pas a écouter de musique sur mon mac Alors que avec mon iPhone je peux !ils me dise qu'il n'y a pas de titre dans aucune playlist sur Spotify que ça soit mes playlist, le classement les nouve...

• Visitor
  • bonjour, J'arrive a me connecter a mon compte mais j'arrive pas a écouter de musique sur mon mac Alors que avec mon iPhone je peux ! ils me dise qu'il n'y a pas de titre dans aucune playlist sur Sp...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Header Picture Is Upside Down

PlanFreeCanada DeviceiMac 2011Operating SystemOS 10.14.6My Question or Issue I've been trying to update my header picture on my profile. I chose a photo but it appeared upside down on Spotify. So, I created a duplicate of the photo and rotated it ups...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Canada   Device iMac 2011 Operating System OS 10.14.6 My Question or Issue   I've been trying to update my header picture on my profile. I chose a photo but it appeared ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Go to songs by typing letters

Earlyer I was able to type the first few letters of a song and it would jump to that song on the list... That functionality seems to have been removed. Is that a bug, or was it intentionally removed? PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceMacbook Pro late 201...

• Visitor
  • Earlyer I was able to type the first few letters of a song and it would jump to that song on the list...  That functionality seems to have been removed.  Is that a bug, or was it inte...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No More Endless Playlists?

Just noticed that daily mixes on my app and desktop are no longer endless scroll. Also can't dislike any of the songs and seems like I'm stuck with one static playlist for the day. Also can no longer add the entire daily mix to a separate playlist an...

• Just noticed that daily mixes on my app and desktop are no longer endless scroll. Also can't dislike any of the songs and seems like I'm stuck with one static playlist for the day. Also can no longer...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • iOS
    Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Someone keeps using my Spotify account and I've changed my password multiple times

Device Macbook Pro late 2016 My Question or IssueSomeone I don't know keeps using my Spotify account. I've tried reseting my password multiple times but they keep using it! At first I didn't really mind but now it's just annoying. I have the free ver...

• Visitor
  • Device  Macbook Pro late 2016   My Question or Issue Someone I don't know keeps using my Spotify account. I've tried reseting my password multiple times but they keep using it! At first...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Getting error Google Chrome version is no longer supported but I have the latest version, what to do

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 11 likes