Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mac] General unstable nondeterministic behavior after client has been running for a long time

Solved!

[Mac] General unstable nondeterministic behavior after client has been running for a long time

Description

I am not sure what changed but within the last few weeks, but now I find myself restarting Spotify more frequently. Maybe this problem has already existed and the software updates prevented me from experiencing it. Either way, there seems to be a general destabilization of the desktop client lately when it has been left running for a day or so.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. I used the client for a day without issues.

2. Left it running overnight.

3. Did not shutdown the computer.

4. Attempted to use the client after a day of it being open, give or take some hours, not really sure

What I expected to happen

Everything to work like it's supposed to

What actually happened

Various weird bugs that require me to restart the client for normal behavior. Examples:

A) I try playing a song (Caribou - Odessa, although I doubt it matters) and the progress bar starts moving but no audio. Restart and it works fine.

B) The other day I was trying to listen to Chemical Brothers - Further and when it got to track 3, the overview display showed that the client was playing track 3, Another World, but really the song playing was track 1 off Brotherhood immediately below it - Galvanize. The now playing in the lower left correctly showed Galvanize. If I clicked track 3 of Further, it would restart Galvanize. If I selected track 4, Dissolve, it played track 2 of Brotherhood - Hey Boy Hey Girl. I restarted the client and the behavior reverted to as expected.

My Operating System

OS X 10.10.3

My Spotify version

1.0.4.90.g0b6df40b

My internet provider and country

Time Warner Cable, but also some office connection, doubt it matters

My username

unchkdException

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

Unfortunately not. Sorry about that. If it happens again, I'll add them.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there and welcome to the community,

Could you try doing a full reinstallation of the app, including removing your local cache/data files.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there and welcome to the community,

Could you try doing a full reinstallation of the app, including removing your local cache/data files.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Hadn’t tried this yet. Thanks. I will try doing this and report back.

This seems to have resolved the issue. I haven't experienced any weirdness since I've followed these instructions. Thanks!

Suggested posts