NEXT STEP

MacBook Air- Low Audio Quality

Solved!

MacBook Air- Low Audio Quality

Plan: Premium

Device: Macbook Air 2018/19

Operating System

macOS Mojave 10.14.5

My Question or Issue: Over the past day, I have been streaming music back and forth over Bluetooth from either my Macbook Air or my IPhone XR to my Beats Studio3, and have noticed that when streaming from the Macbook, the sound quality is really low and not as crystal clear as from the Iphone (it's not a headphones issue, or so I would assume due to that fact). I just got the Macbook and am playing the music from the Spotify Macbook App, and am just wondering if there is anything that I can change for the App or the computer settings.

Note: I have selected "Playback>Streaming Quality>Very High" on the Macbook in the app.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @ajbonifate

Sometimes, the computer's sound settings can get weird when using Bluetooth. Try going to your sound settings under the  menu > system preferences > sound > input and change the input to "internal microphone." Hopefully this works, if not, we'll go from there. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @ajbonifate

Sometimes, the computer's sound settings can get weird when using Bluetooth. Try going to your sound settings under the  menu > system preferences > sound > input and change the input to "internal microphone." Hopefully this works, if not, we'll go from there. 

Worked well, had to unpair the headphones and then re-pair them to the Macbook  after I did that,but now it sounds as clear as when streamed from my phone, thank you!

Great, glad it worked well! Happy listening! 

This worked for me as well! As with the earlier post, make sure to disconnect your airpods and reconnect them. Thank you!

dat shi didnt work

Suggested posts