Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Moving Song within Playlist

Moving Song within Playlist

Can someone please tell me how to move a track within a Playlist I've already created?

I'm woking form a desktop/Mac ... and am stumped.

Can't imagine why this is so hard.  Seems like this should be a basic function (but I am new to Spotify, using my trial Premium package, and hope to make that permanent, but only if I can make this sorting thing work).

Have checked the FAQ and other user boards.  It would appear this SHOULD be possible ... but I haven't found the way.

Please Help

Spoiler

18 Replies

Hey!

You should be able to click and drag tracks into the order you want, is this not working? 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

you just click and drag, brother!

spotify:user:barbaloot:playlist:65prcb4SDSBYQmeATaDp1y

Can you move songs around on ipad and iPhone.if so how...?

I don't think you can on an Ipad or Iphone.. you're better off switching to your PC/Mac to do that kind of thing!

spotify:user:barbaloot:playlist:65prcb4SDSBYQmeATaDp1y

Hi Greg,

I'm a Spotify premium user, and yes, I've been having this problem ever since I started using Spotify. A lot of the instruction on here says click and drag, but I have not been able to do so whatsoever.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Best,

Naveed

@Greg wrote:

Hey!

You should be able to click and drag tracks into the order you want, is this not working? 

I'm on a desk top and cannot rearrange the songs in a playlist.  I was able to click and drag before however now I'm unable and I have the premium service.  What gives???

Hello !!

Try:

Left Clik on "Artist"
3 possibilities:
1. Alphabetical order
2. Reverse Alphabetical order
3 Order by dates of entry in the playlist
Choose 3.
Left Clik on the title to move
Drag and drop to the new location

Sorry i'm french and my English is ...................

I do not get those options when I click on "artist", attached is the picture of what I get and I get these options come up when I right click on any area on the playlist.

spotify.JPG

This really needs to be added on moblie apps, as well as reordering playlists (I don't want newly-followed playlists getting listed before my personal lists.) A "hold and drag" function would eliminate my last reason for using the desktop client.

nothing happens when I left lick on the "artist"

seriously frustrated it should be a hold and drag feature

@sassiecassie 

Are you using the web player in your browser? Or the desktop app?

If you are using the web player you cannot rearrange songs.

If you are using the desktop app, you can.

I think it's not working anymore because you clicked on one of the sorting columns in the playlist.

At the top of the playlist you have 5 columns:

"Song, artist, time, album"

Look for the one that has a green arrow next to it. Keep clicking on it until the arrow goes away.

If you can't find the one with the green arrow, just click any one of them 3 times.

This will make it so the sorting goes back to the manual sorting.

THEN you should be able to rearrange the songs in your playlist by dragging.

Hope this helps!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I finally restarted my computer and now I can rearrange the songs sould have done that months ago!!!!

Nope!!!! worked for a second now back to not working!!@#$#@!!!

I think I need to reinstall

I believe its because I'm playing on the web player this does not allow you to move songs in a playlist.  Having issues downloading spotify, the error 53. 

Thank You - This has worked for me and it was driving me mad.

Nick

I was having the same problem however it was resolved when I re-opened the applacation. And this is also possible on smart-phone via selecting edit and holding down on the three bars and moving the song to whever you would like.

Suggested posts