Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

My Spotify Search Doesn't Work

My Spotify Search Doesn't Work

Free

Australia 

Macbook Air 

Operating System

iOS 11.6

My Question or Issue:

My spotify search bar has stopped working in entirety. Whenever I search something it gives me the message "No results found for ____. Please make sure your words are spelled correctly or use different keywords" when I search something like "Taylor Swift". 

If I search one of my playlists or saved playlists though, it will come up??

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 10.02.26 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 10.02.46 am.png

6 Replies

I'm having the same issue on a MacBook Pro  iOS 12.4 Monterey 

Started happening on July 4.  
I did a clean uninstall / reinstall following Spotify's instructions - https://support.spotify.com/us/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/

It didn't help. 

Todd

Not working for me, too! Tried across different devices and confirmed it isn't working. It works well in the mobile app, but not in the web player (open.spotify.com).

I'm having the same issue. Messaged SpotifyCares on twitter. While troubleshooting they've suggested I lower my firewall and anti-virus. Not super keen on that as a solution to be honest. Especially since it looks like its widespread issue.

I'm getting the same issue on the desktop app. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. 

Spotify for macOS (Intel)
1.1.88.612.gcc529952

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you try connecting to the internet through a different network, e.g. a hot spot from your phone?

If the issue is occurring on a mobile device, could you try switching between Wi-Fi and mobile data?

Also try resetting the internet router to further exclude network related issues.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Update on my original post.  I did a live chat with a Spotify support rep. We did find the issue was happening both on my desktop app and the web browser version. But it wasn't happening on mobile.  I've never experienced the issue on mobile. 
Next the rep had me log into one of Spotify's test accounts to see if the issue could be replicated on their test account. It was. Same issues. 
Meanwhile, the rep mentioned he was experiencing the same issue. He said he was going to elevate the issue to the engineering team. And with a day I started noticing the problem got better. 50% of my searches were working. The following day the issue was gone. Today I tried again and I still haven't experienced it.

So it seems to be fixed.  Has anybody else experienced it recently?

Thanks Spotify for fixing this issue 😎

Todd

Suggested posts