Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

The search function doesn't work

Solved!

The search function doesn't work

Macbook Pro iOS 10.14.4.

For some days now I cannot use the search function on Spotify. It is there, and I can write in it, but nothing happens after that. It's as if the search function can't access the library at all. It's all black. I can play music in existing lists etc, just simply not add new songs or find new songs at all. It works perfectly on my cell phone. What is wrong? What can I do? (I have tried to log out and in several times, to re-install Spotify, turn on and off the computer, and upgrade the iOS. Nothing works. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

try messing with the hardware accelaration option in the top bar ("Spotify" -> "Hardware Accelaration"). It used to do the trick for me when I had the issue.

If it didn't help, reinstall and clear all data Spotify ever stored on your system. You do this by uninstalling Spotify and deleting the Spotify folder in "~/Users/{name}/Library/Application \Support". That usually clears problems with the app for me.

I hope something could help 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey,

try messing with the hardware accelaration option in the top bar ("Spotify" -> "Hardware Accelaration"). It used to do the trick for me when I had the issue.

If it didn't help, reinstall and clear all data Spotify ever stored on your system. You do this by uninstalling Spotify and deleting the Spotify folder in "~/Users/{name}/Library/Application \Support". That usually clears problems with the app for me.

I hope something could help 🙂

Thank you so, so much! It helped to reinstall and clear all data in the
/library/.

/Sofie

I have done that with mine and it is very unhelpful. Why can't spotify just tell us the simple solution instead of just making other people reply to peoples comments. 

Hey @Matt2029,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and sorry for the late response as we just came across this thread.

The Spotify Community works as a forum where everyone can share tips, opinions, music, or issues. To start with the troubleshooting, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful in getting rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

If the issue persists, let us know the troubleshooting you've done so far. Also, include in your next response the make, model, and OS version you have on your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running. This will give us a better look at your issue to keep investigating.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts