Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Web Player will not load

Solved!

My Web Player will not load

I'm trying to play my music in the Spotify Web Player, not the app, and it won't load. I don't know what to do, because Spotify's homepage loads perfectly fine, but as soon as I try to go on play.spotify.com nothing works. My screen is just completely black with the spotify logo in the corning, there isn't even a loading sign. It has been like this for a few days, but I can still access my music on the Spotify app, and on my phone. If anyone could help that would be great! And I just realized that I can attach a picture of my screen, so I'm going to do that too.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

I had the same issue recently> while trying to find solution, I found this thread.

My case

For my job, I often change location. Two weeks after being in a new country, the webplayer won't load its page. Clearing cache, trying icognito mode, testing the http=1 option... all these solutions fails..

My solution

https://www.spotify.com/ch-fr/ (replace ch-fr with your current country)

login.

go to your profile settings page https://www.spotify.com/ch-fr/account/profile/

change the country in the dropdown list to your current country. if it is disabled, ignore this step

after a few minutes, go to play.spotify.com. 

Cheers

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

appears to be an issue with Chrome. I was having same problem. Logged in and downloaded the app from FireFox and works perfectly.

Marked as solution

@e-k:

It seems to work for me now. What happened? I was closing a program in task manager when in the corner of my eye i saw another program appear there. It was SpotifyWebHelper.exe. I had a feeling that i should try the web player again and it worked.

I did a search and indeed this program's purpose seems to be to allow users to open up and play Spotify's music in the web player. Why it wasn't running before, i have no idea.

edit: I spoke too soon. At first it worked, i could use the web player at work without the client. Now it doesn't work anymore and my work pc has the same problem as before. It doesn't make a difference if i have the client open on my home pc or not. I give up.

65 Replies

I just realized I didn't properly upload the picture hahaha

Screen Shot 2014-07-13 at 10.27.55 AM.png

What operating system and browser are you using? Are you behind a proxy possibly?

I'm using safari on a mac

Could you try logging out of spotify then back in. If you still get the same thing, log out again then clear the cache and cookies in safari and it should work after doing that.

My Web Player won't load either and I've tried clearing the cache.

if you are using a mac, clear the spotify cookie and it should work. It did for me, at least.

Shannon 😄

I've done that and it's still not working

Have you restarted your computer? That helped for me...

Shannon 😄

Same problem here?

Any advice how to solve it?

Hey @Thumpfi and @TinyDinosaur !

Try clearing your cookies/cache. If that doesn't help try it using a different browser. 

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Hi @jordi12100

I wouldn't have written in this thread, if the solution would have been that simple.

- Cleared cookies and cache

- tried IE and Chrome

- tried a differen PC

everywhere the same problem...

I am having the same problem and any users who have found this board will know the basics of browsers. 

Marked as solution

Hi,

I had the same issue recently> while trying to find solution, I found this thread.

My case

For my job, I often change location. Two weeks after being in a new country, the webplayer won't load its page. Clearing cache, trying icognito mode, testing the http=1 option... all these solutions fails..

My solution

https://www.spotify.com/ch-fr/ (replace ch-fr with your current country)

login.

go to your profile settings page https://www.spotify.com/ch-fr/account/profile/

change the country in the dropdown list to your current country. if it is disabled, ignore this step

after a few minutes, go to play.spotify.com. 

Cheers

how do you clear a cookie? i feel like an idiot that i don't know this

I'm on a Mac running OS X 10.9.5 (13F34) 

It's working for me in
Safari (Version 7.1.3 (9537.85.12.18)
Firefox (Version  37.0.1)
Chrome ( Version 41.0.2272.118 (64-bit) )

it is NOT working for me in:
Chrome ( Version 44.0.2367.0 canary (64-bit) )

I am behind a proxy but it is set up to allow Spotify.

Not sure if in the javascript they are using webworkers and/or "minification"/"optimization" of their JS assets but I had an issue recently where I was initializing my web workers and it required an argument. An empty string was used and the empty string was promptly removed by my build process causing issue ONLY in Chrome Canary..

In short... I believe Chrome Canary is more strict with the Javascript.

Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 11.59.09 AM.png

ok. but it doesn't say there is an error. it actually says nothing

I've been having this problem not being able to listen to spotify on my laptop.  

I just gave in and clicked download on the top and using the app (because that works) 

The web player is not loading in Chrome or in explorer. Also I cannot find a way to contact spotify about it. That's frustrating and does not encourage me to renew a subscription. Please fix this

I'm having the same problem unfortunately. I think it has to do with Flash, at least that seems to be the case at my company. It has been disabled in the browser by the admin, so there's no chance for me to fix it.

I guess the solution would be for Spotifiy to froget Flash, and use a different technology. Just heard that Google will also not be supporting it in Chrome.

Suggested posts