Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need Offline for more than 1 moth

Solved!

Need Offline for more than 1 moth

Hi guys!

I've been on Spotify Premium for a long time and now am planning to travel the world for a few months. Of course I need my music with me. Now I checked and was extremely surprised when I've read the following: ".. and stay offline for up to 30 days.".

Is there any possibility (like paying half year in advance) to have the music available for offline listening for the next 4 months?! This is quite important to me. Downloading 2000 songs is not a great option.. That's what I have spotify for.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

We get this question a lot here on the forums, so hopefully I can help you understand.

The app is made so that you can only use it for 30 days offline. After 30 days, it will need to connect to Spotify's server to verify that you still have a subscription, otherwise the app will lock itself down and you will not be able to use it.

Even if you pay in advance, the app still needs to connect every 30 days.

A lot of people in the army come here to ask the same question since they will not have internet access.

Sorry you won't be able to use the app the way you wanted to, but due to licensing deals, this is put it place so people don't try to get free Spotify by canceling and using offline mode.

The weak signal every week or so just might be enough for the app to connect to Spotify and verify the subscription, but don't count on this and be dissapointed if it doesn't work.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

If you're on premium your offline tracks will be on your device(s) until you cancel.

Thank you for choosing the Spotify Community forums, and I hope this answers your question!

~Joe

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

Hi Joe!

So you say that if I'm on premium even without internet connection, I'll be able to listen to the offline marked playlists as long as I pay the fees?

Because I've read the following on a blog: "...If you accidentally leave a device’s Spotify app in Offline mode (or don’t turn your Wi-Fi on) for 20 days, everything on the device will be deleted...". That's what made me worry. 

Just a theoretical question; If I'll be able to have access to a weak internet spot (re-downloading songs not an option) every other week, will a few MB be enough of a "sign of life" to make sure the offline tracks won't be erased?

Thanks in advance!

Oh sorry.

Your device must be online at least once every 30 days to keep it offline, just to check that you're still paying.

~Joe

EDIT - When I mean online, I mean that you're connected and your device must not in offline mode.

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside
Marked as solution

We get this question a lot here on the forums, so hopefully I can help you understand.

The app is made so that you can only use it for 30 days offline. After 30 days, it will need to connect to Spotify's server to verify that you still have a subscription, otherwise the app will lock itself down and you will not be able to use it.

Even if you pay in advance, the app still needs to connect every 30 days.

A lot of people in the army come here to ask the same question since they will not have internet access.

Sorry you won't be able to use the app the way you wanted to, but due to licensing deals, this is put it place so people don't try to get free Spotify by canceling and using offline mode.

The weak signal every week or so just might be enough for the app to connect to Spotify and verify the subscription, but don't count on this and be dissapointed if it doesn't work.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks a lot for the explanation! I already figured that I might be not the only one and that they need to check subscription etc.

Well, it's not that the signal would be weak, it's more about the cost of it :P. So I'm curious about how much MB I'll need to give it to keep it from erasing..

If I have a family plan so that my family is paying for it and using it no matter what. And I'm the one going away for 3 months with no wifi, will it still turn off after 30 days?

I work on ships and am often away from land, let alone cell towers or Wi-Fi, for longer than 30 days.  I wish Spotify could make it work for those of us who pay for the premium service but travel for work, etc causing us to be away from internet for longer than 30 days.  Life isn't the same without my music!

true mate been away for land for 30 days voyag and a **bleep** vsat internet connection cant even guarantee you a stable internet connection.

They had a **bleep** to pay for a year in advance for $100 USD.  Don't know if that means I have that long offline now, but at least I saved for the year!  I'm hoping I can make it longer than 30 days offline now

Suggested posts