Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need help with which version of Spotify for Mac is compatible with old macbook

Solved!

Need help with which version of Spotify for Mac is compatible with old macbook

Greetings, 

I have a Premium account, an iPhone 6s plus, and I am in the United States. I would like to install desktop on an old MacBook (August 2008) that is not able to be upgraded past OS X 10.7.5 . Although older versions of Spotify for Mac seem to be readily available, but I cannot seem to find info about compatibility/corresponding OSX versions. Any help is appreciated!  

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @LivingInLevity! Welcome to the community and thanks for your post. Unfortunately, I can't recommend downloading an old version of Spotify as these are not officially supported for a variety of reasons, including security. The best option for accessing Spotify on an older device would probably be through the web player at https://open.spotify.com/ assuming your browser is up to date and able to run it. Hope that helps!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @LivingInLevity! Welcome to the community and thanks for your post. Unfortunately, I can't recommend downloading an old version of Spotify as these are not officially supported for a variety of reasons, including security. The best option for accessing Spotify on an older device would probably be through the web player at https://open.spotify.com/ assuming your browser is up to date and able to run it. Hope that helps!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

mac os 10.7.5 My web browser is unable to run spotify web player and is also unable to be updated. what can I do.

I suggest installing a different web browser in your case.

Please see the pages below for more info.

How to use the web player

Enable the web player

Suggested posts