Next song starts somewhere in the middle

Re: Next song starts somewhere in the middle

douira
Gig Goer

As you might have read (or probably not as this thread has become rather long) we know this problem is not an intentional bug, but rather becomes one as it is apparent that many users dislike this often irrational transitioning behavior to the point of it being perceived as a bug. If the user perceives a behavior as a bug it doesn't matter whether or not it was supposed to be a feature. Therefore user-changeable setting is in order.

OrangeBird

I had the same problem, but till now it works for me if you turn off the shuffle option. 

orxanb

The only solution that has worked is copying all the songs in the playlist to a new playlist.

Betomees

I’m just unsubscribe the Spotify this unsure is disgusting and apparently just happened with electronic, house, chilling musics and it’s 80% of my playlists why someone would do this and just don’t give a f* for what we really want

nhvider

Very well put. 

paperbot
Visitor

Have the same issue in every techno playlist, the song skips the hole intro.

any solutions?

_digitaldemon_
Visitor

Just came across this issue. I call it an issue as it took me by surprise; it seems like such a useless featue. After finding this thread I took a zip through some playlists. My personal lists, and those of artists I follow, do not do this. It appears to only happen on playlists created by spotify, and does seem limited to electronic genres.

In 20+ years of enjoying electronic music on various platforms, and meeting hundreds of people through raves and social media, i can honestly say that no one has said to me "You know it would be awesome if my crossfade feature startred where the last track ended, timewise. I don't even care if I was trying to skip the last 30 seconds of a song, and then only get maybe 5 seconds of the next". To be more succinct, this lacks all manner of logic. For my usage, this means extra work in building my playlists. While yes, duplicating the playlist and later deleting it will get around the issue, and requires little time, it is a needless step, and plain annoying. 

Personally I'd like to know why this was done (where is the thread with votes), as it seems to make very little sense. Just because a person skips a track, that does not garauntee they wanted it to flow into the next at or near the same timecode (i've seen it fluctuate). Long story short. It's been months since this was first reported, and seemingly done so without notice. The need to wait for votes is a bit ridiculous in this situation. The simpelest solution would be to have these playlists respect the users existing settings; don't crossfade, at all, period, unless that featue is on.

douira
Gig Goer

I'd like to remind you all to please vote on this issue here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Playlists-Switch-on-off-crossfade-in-certa...

Apparently one has to vote to get Spotify to fix their software.

But on the other hand, getting super upset about this or being mean about it isn't going to fix the problem either. 

@paperbot if you read the rest of the thread (is it quite long now though), you'd come across the workaround: create a new own playlist that has all the songs of the Spotify-made playlist with the strange crossfade in it. Personal playlists don't exhibit this behavior. (see there original earlier post for more details)

Maxskorik

Had the same problem with specific playlist. Enabling hardware acceleration seem to have solved it.

douira
Gig Goer

@Maxskorik What platform and version are you using? Where is this setting located?

SUGGESTED POSTS