Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet connection (error 4)/Local files not loading/"Error in template application" MAC

Solved!

No internet connection (error 4)/Local files not loading/"Error in template application" MAC

I have looked all thought the posts but still cannot find a solution to my Spotify problems.

When I log in, very little loads properly, my local files come up but won't play. No playlists are coming up and an error bar at the top says "No internet connection detected Spotify will automatically try to reconnect when it detects an internet connection. (error code 4)."
In my Library/Inbox/Play Queue/Devices at the top it says: "error in template application - Parse error error in views/Library(or Inbox/play queue etc)._header.xml" Then i scroll down and it says "Description:  problem happened during execution of the request. please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originates in the code" (see the screen shot).

This has been going on for a good month (i've been busy so just hoped it would fix itself), over several wifi connections (home, uni, parents house). My housemate also has spotify and it is working fine on her computer. Everything else is working fine on my computer, internet is nice and fast. So I have no idea what is the problem. I've tried some things:

1. First I restarted my wifi - no change.

2. Then I restarted Spotify - no change.

3. I also restarted my router - no change.

4. then I checked the firewall - has been off the whole time.

5. then I attempted to uninstall Spotify. The "~/Library/Caches/com.spotify.Client
~/Library/Application Support/Spotify" folders that I need to delete are nowhere to be found. I searched through the Caches folder and App support folder and then my whole computer and they are nowhere. So i preceded to delete the Application itself and reinstalled.
But then once reinstalled, the same issues came up.

In the preference box it says the Cache is located in the Cache folder but when I click Browse nothing happens. 

I am operating on a MacBook Pro OS X. 

I would tell you what spotify version I'm using but it came up with a message saying "Error in template application etc" again.

Internet provider is iiNet and I'm in Perth, Austalia.

My username is (according to the top right hand box) ***(edited for security)...? Hah or izzy.***@*** (edited for security).

Heeeellpp

Screen Shot 2013-07-01 at 11.31.56AM.jpg
48 Replies

Yeah I think that was the problem...thank you.

no internet connection (error 4)

totally sucks.....

My McAfee was blocking Spotify from connecting, had to edit Spotify connection settings in McAfee to allow it communicate, hope this helps someone else out too

Wokred like a charm. Thanks. 

@1213646253 wrote:

PROBLEM FIXED , JUST LOG OUT AND LOGIN WITH FACEBOOK ^_-

I see this is a common problem.

Same issue (Can't connect to Internet) and I've tried all the fixes.

Deleted and Reloaded Spotify, restarted router, checked wifi and cabled connections, cleared cache, logged out and back in, not a firewall issue, only use on one device (A Laptop), updated my proxy, changed to include HTTP, ummm....anything else posted that  I've forgotten, I've tried it.

Don't use Facebook. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

P.S. My work computer with a seperate account works great. No issues ever. That comp is a dinosaur, but it handles Spotify beatifully. I love spotify but I'm forced to use other programs at home.

I had to log out, restart my computer, then re-log in. That worked for me. 

this happens to me too periodically for no reason I can determine. Spotify not in my Caches so thats not the answer. Can't live without my music, help.

It happens to me everytime my McAfee (antivirus) updates. Each time it does
I have to go into my permissions and allow Spotify to access the Internet.
Hope that helps.

Suggested posts