No internet connection (error 4)/Local files not loading/"Error in template application" MAC

Solved!

Re: No internet connection (error 4)/Local files not loading/"Error in template application&amp

Peter__
Community Legend

No, all of your content will be saved on Spotify's servers. The only thing you will loose is offline stored playlists if you have premium.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Re: No internet connection (error 4)/Local files not loading/"Error in template application&amp

brina7
Casual Listener

Ohhhhh  Yeyyyyyyyyy!!!!     that makes me so happy!!!   thank you!!   I will try that and report back !!  

brina7
Casual Listener

Peter!!!  thank uuuuuuuu!!!!!  it worked!!!  it's back!!!!!    sooo happy!!!!!   

Re: No internet connection (error 4)/Local files not loading/"Error in template application&

Peter__
Community Legend
Good! Enjoy your weekend! :)

Peter

peedee-boy
Casual Listener

i also have error code 4 problems,although i am on windows7,

i have checked all the obvious obstacles, have checked firewall, restarted, uninstalled, re-installed, but as yet, no luck.

is there anything you can suggest for me?

Peter__
Community Legend

When exactly does the error occur @peedee-boy ? 

Peter

peedee-boy
Casual Listener

thanx for the quick response, but i appear to have sorted the problem (so far anyway!)

it was Norton that was not allowing spotify traffic, which i have now rectified.

Peace.

Re: No internet connection (error 4)/Local files not loading/"Error in template application&quo

jackferriss

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if someone could help me out. I have just purchased premium and wanted to sync offline with my phone. I'v changed Spotify to offline on both my PC and phone to start the sync. The sync starts and will load approx. 10 songs before it just stops. Spotify on my PC will then get the error code: 4 notification yet I am still connected to the internet. I've tried logging in and out, closing the app, you name it, yet the problem keeps occuring..

i_am_edward

I am experiencing connection problems with my Spotify App on my Mac. I do have internet connection but the App doesn't seem to pick it up and gives me an "Error Code 4".

@peter, is there anything that I can do to solve the problem, please? I have already reinstalled the Spotify App.

I am looking forward to your response!

Cheers, Edward

Re: No internet connection (error 4)/Local files not loading/"Error in template application&quo

marinusvw
Regular

Since yesterday I have the same problem, can't connect with my MacBook, iPhone and iPad when I'm on the wifi at home. 4G doesn't give any problems and at work (Windows PC) it works. 

I've resetted my router, opened up all spotify ports and IP's but still nothing... 

Really wierd because I haven't changed a thing but it just stopped working yesterday.

SUGGESTED POSTS