Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pasting song links in playlist no longer works (Are you kidding me?!)

Solved!

Pasting song links in playlist no longer works (Are you kidding me?!)

We already know about the scandalous lack of a sorting option in the Spotify app. But I had a work around for this, which was to sort the songs in the Spotify app for OS X, cut them all out with CMD+X and then paste them again with CMD+V.

In the latest release, it's no longer possible to paste them. The cutting worked fine, but I couldn't paste the songs back into the playlist. Now I emptied an entire playlist, without the possibility to add the songs back.

It's absolutely beyond me, why Spotify would remove this feature, but keep the cutting tracks out. 

25 Replies

@bkstober

Could you please describe step by step what you try to do, because there is things I don't understand in your post.

- What you mean by a playlist constructed from albums ?

Personally, I use Spotify since 9 years and as soon as the songs of an album are included in a playlist, it becomes a playlist. where you can move the songs up and down. (you can't do that when you open the album itself).

Any playlist is constructed with songs coming from albums, singles or EPs but the process is the same.

If you want randomize several full albums from different artists, you have first to include them in a playlist. And it's totally possible to select a full album, to copy it with CTRL + C and paste it with CTRL + V in your playlist.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

If you can't access the file I attached, which is text masquerading as jpg,
could you please give me an address to send the text file to?

Hi, I used a block editor (VSlick) to delete all the ends of the lines starting with the characters

"?si=" then was able to paste the resulting tracks into the playlist.  I don't know where the charactyers "?si= ... " at the end of each line came from.  I ran this playlist through a randomizer utility specifically designed for this.  I thought originally that this was a shorthand Spotify uses to define a range of tracks from an album.  But when I put in the characters after "?si=" as a single track, Spotify can not find it.  So I'm not sure what happened.  But I now have my favorite artists playlist back with roughly 1600 entires which is close to the size of the original playlist.  

Defintiely the characters after "?si=" don't specify tracks.  I did the same exercise again with a block editor, deleting the track id in front of "?si=" leaving only the characters after those symbols.  Spotify was unable to import these lines.  I have then spot checked the playlist and it appears that the albums are indeed there.  So somewhere my text file got corrupted with "?si=" and following symbols, which was preventing me from importing these tracks into Spotify.  Perhaps the randomzer I used, **bleep** the file up.  Anyway, I think my problem is resolved, let me know if you have any questions.  

@bkstober

The link with ?si... is the link you get by clicking : Copy Spotify Link

If you copy a song with CTRL + C, you don't get the extension ?si...

See text file done with a full album got with CTRL + C in Spotify and Paste in the text file.

copy-album.jpg

The extension ?si.. which appeared recently, is due to The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) it's a regulation by which the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union, and the European Commission intend to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union (EU). It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU.

I hope everything will be fine now. 🙂

Good luck with your playlist.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes my playlist is fine now, no thanks to the EU. 

Suggested posts